Kim Felts Bad Guy Report - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-24-2004, 08:01 PM   #1
Greg Riso
Unhappy Kim Felts Bad Guy Report

I never dreamed I'd have to write something like this about someone I thought was so trustworthy a person. Believe me I've held off doing so for quite some time and it really hurts to have to do so now. There must be a hundred people reading this that know Kim so please prove me wrong here or maybe give me an explanation as to what's going on.
Kim and I became what I thought were very close friends last year. Months before and after her father passed away last summer I wrote her on an almost daily basis and did my best as her friend to give her emotional support and even offered financial help to ease some difficult times she was facing. I bought several of her animals to help out even though I didn't really need them. At one point when she told me she was being stalked by a dangerous person I even offered her my home here in NH to move her family to. My wife can attest to everything that transpired because naturally I discussed everything in depth with her.
Last year I bought a gorgeous adult female Peruvian boa and after talking with Kim decided to send it to her on breeder loan. She had a male and wanted to do a joint project as my "partner." After Kim received the animal she kept me updated as to how it was doing on a regular basis.
Around that time in July Vinnie Russo of Cutting Edge Herps contacted me to let me know he was going to sell a very rare male Peruvian Melanogaster BCC I had previously sold him. I agreed to buy it back from him for $900 and told him about the female I had out in California with Kim. I then contacted Kim and asked her if she wanted to use this male to breed my female and her other adult female. She agreed to do this and was very excited about doing so. If all went well we were to split the two potential litters evenly between us. I paypaled Vinnie and he was extremely hesitant to send the animal to Kim because "he didn't know her." I convinced him to do so because I told him I trusted her 100% and it was my responsibility not his. Here's a copy of that transaction from my Paypal account history.

Name:
Vincent Russo (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Email:
russov51@bigplanet.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Amount:
-$900.00 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:
Jul. 30, 2003
Time:
11:44:51 PDT
Completed

Subject:
1.0 Adult Melanogaster
Note:
I'd like you to ship this animal to a friend of mine that has my female. Her name, address and phone# are:
Kim Felts phone: 310-910-0797
910 Centinela Ave #a
Inglewood, California 90302

Please contact her to make all shipping arrangements. I don't need to be involved at all. Her e-mail address is Babyslither@aol.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kim received the animal in perfect condition and a few weeks afterwards, when I told her my nephew wanted to buy a beardie, she insisted on sending him a very nice baby from her collection at no charge which she did. This was about one week after the Daytona show because I remember meeting Vinnie at the show and joking about how I'd sold the Melanogaster to him for $600 and he had the nerve to sell it back to me for $900 lol. He told me he had offers of over $1,200 for it but decided to let me have it cheaper since I'd sold it to him.
After this I bought three animals from Kim because she desperately needed to downsize her collection because she was going to move into her mothers house and her mother hated snakes. I kind of thought this was odd because if her mother hated snakes how was she going to have a pair of very large Peruvians there? I bought an adult pair of Cancuns from her and it was like pulling teeth to get her to send them to me. At the time I wasn't worried because I thought she simply couldn't afford to send them and there was still plenty of time before breeding season. She ended up sending the male but took quite a while to finally get the female to me.
Then time began to pass and I realized she had not been in touch with me for some time. I knew she had moved away from LA to her mother's home and figured she was simply to busy and didn't have her computer up and running. Then I realized she was also no longer posting here at Fauna which was also very odd as she was a regular here. Her website was also down as well.
To make a long story short I've tried reaching her since before Thanksgiving and even posted something in the missing persons section here at Fauna.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=29714

In the above thread Alan Hall was kind enough to help out by contacting her and shortly afterwards I received a very brief e-mail from her saying, "she was fine, the snakes were fine, her daughter was sick, and she'd write me soon when she had a chance. That was the last I heard from her which was before Christmas. Keep in mind a few months prior she had been in contact with me on an almost a daily basis. I trusted her with about $2,000 worth of rare Peruvian boas and it now appears she seems to have skipped out on me.
At this point I'm totally disgusted with Kim's behavior. I've written her several times with no response. She has really let me down big time. I never thought Kim would turn out like this and screw me over. I helped here in so many ways it's not funny.
Can someone out there please contact Kim and help me get my boas back? They are virtually irreplaceable and I would really like to see my animals again. I will be forever indebted to anyone that can help me out with this terrible situation. Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Old 03-24-2004, 08:39 PM   #2
Neil Gubitz
Greg.... if you didn't put in the part about your Peruvians, I would have thought that *I* wrote this post....

In another thread about a week ago, I mentioned that "someone" bought a whole bunch of animals from me, two to three years ago, and then her husband and her split up and the husband charged back every single transaction because the wife's name wasn't on the card.... all the chargebacks were granted and they took about $3000 out of my account.... over the previous two years, she has paid back all but $450 of what she owed me by either sending me money or animals (NO, Greg, NOT your Peruvians).... the woman I'm talking about is Kim Felts.... I have tried emailing her, calling her numerous times and leaving countless messages for her which have never been returned....

Like Greg, I used to be in contact with her almost every day and helped her out with every problem Greg mentioned.... I THOUGHT we were very good friends, at one point, I, too, offered my house to her as a safety net for her family.... I really can't believe she would do this to the both of us....

This conduct is 180 degrees from what I thought she would do.... It really pains me (as it does Greg) to get involved in a thread like this, but it has just been too long since I have heard from her in any way, shape or form.... every time I log on to this site, I peruse the "who's on" list to see if she's here.... I haven't seen her login name in about a year....

I'm honestly more worried about her than mad.... but, if any of you know where she is and can get her to contact either of us, we would greatly appreciate it.... thanks for listening....

Neil

Old 03-24-2004, 09:26 PM   #3
The BoidSmith
This is rather surprising. I used to be in contact with her too as she offered me to start some breeding loans. Then she vanished completely. At that point in time she manifested she had some breeding loans with Ritchie (Luna).

Ritchie, have you heard at all from Kim lately?

Regards.

Old 03-24-2004, 09:34 PM   #4
JungleHabitats
Hey Guys

Well let me start by saying this Me and Kim were also doing some breeding loan stuff back in late 2002 she had sent me a few suris , Guyanas & a pastel male . as never have bred BCC before i had no luck but her male did breed to my HUGE female BCI. Well i sent her back the BCC as i didnt have time to messwith them.I also sent her 25 babies plus a few nice ones for the breeding loan the 25 babies were to sale and split the $ with hera few weeks after the animals were sent she was broke into in LA and was told several animals were taken being a 1.1 GTP among many of the smaller boas and the 25 babies . if you do a search i think the thread was APB on stolen snakesin LA or something like that .Well shortly after her father passed away i to use to talk with kim on a daily basis many hrs a week on stuffshe even bought a nice cage that Airborne destroyrd so i built another and sent to her .Well after the death of her dad i did talk with her a few times and was giving her advice on doing some remodeling of a gargae at her moms place she was going to live in with the snakes etc . i know she did sell off some to move there or was told so . greg thats when you had contacted me about her and i had spoke to her a month or so earlier on AIM .Well once twice after that i saw her online and told her you had asked about her , and her daughter was sick then and she was having PC probs , next time i saw her onlne was a brother in law or someone and said they were testin her PC as it was crapping out .After that i havent seen her online i did email her several times with no response and i have noticed her site is down and has been a while . While i to like to think the reason is a serious matter because Kim was always such a kind lady .. I hope that the reason of no contact is something other then what it appears because never in a 100 yrs would i have ever thought Kim would be a " Bad Guy/Gal" .. trust me i dont buy from many ppl online for fear of the big scam beiong my number and with Kim i trusted het totally . I hope the reason like i said isnt what it seems
Alan

Old 03-24-2004, 10:31 PM   #5
ms_terese
I don't know Kim, but it seems to me that this is more situational based than fraud based. People don't normally just turn into someone that scams others, although it can happen. Maybe the divorce coupled with the death of her father just put her over the edge?

Doesn't anyone have a telephone number for her, or some other form of contact outside of email?

Old 03-24-2004, 11:06 PM   #6
W.Wedeking
We were doing quite a bit of business with her for awhile. She was buying supplies and we did a trade. I know she had gotten broken into and we emailed back and forth alot when her father was dying. I know it was taking quite a toll on her. I have to say though that I haven't heard from her since her father died. I hope she is ok.

Old 03-25-2004, 03:47 AM   #7
Ken Foose
Kim contacted me via email sometime around Thanksgiving 03. She wanted a hedgehog. A few days later she called me at the store, and told me she was coming to Vegas on the next weekend to pick a couple of hedgehogs up from me. I held them for her for a couple weeks before I gave her up for a no show, and put them up for sale again. I have never heard from her since.

Old 03-25-2004, 08:36 AM   #8
Casey Hulse
Wow..

I wish I could help you, Greg. Quite a while ago, (when Kim was still active here) Paypal snatched some $$ from my account because the C.C. used for the purchase by Kim was "unauthorized". I had been worried that Kim was
overextending herslf because she had a habit of paying $50.00 per day for her purchases, sometimes it would take a week for her to pay, but she always did. I normally sent her the rack/snake on credit, and she was always good for it. When Paypal took the $$ from my account, Kim acted totally bewildered about the whole thing, and never provided an explanation. I did get my $$ back from 2 people who owed Kim money, on her request they sent me the money instead. I know she owed at least one other person who I have never seen post here, so there are probably others.

Old 03-25-2004, 08:40 AM   #9
Neil Gubitz
Casey.... As I said, she used to use her ex-husband's credit card that did NOT have her name on it.... when they split up, her ex charged back EVERY CHARGE SHE PUT ON IT.... he won every case and got his money back.... it was in the THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of dollars.... Obviously, she paid back what she could and then just forgot the rest.... very disappointing....

Neil

Old 03-25-2004, 08:48 AM   #10
HerpVenue
Quote:
This is rather surprising. I used to be in contact with her too as she offered me to start some breeding loans. Then she vanished completely. At that point in time she manifested she had some breeding loans with Ritchie (Luna).

Ritchie, have you heard at all from Kim lately?
Actually She sent me too beautiful female colombian Boas.
they seemed pretty healthy when they first got here.
Luckily I had them separated from my own collection.
Both have died this past december/ january.
took a turn for the worse not too long after they got here.
Which puzzles me and has me boggled.

I have not had any contact with her for MONTHS.
we used to talk a lot. But she seemed to drop out of site.

I am more worried about her health rather than her stealing

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!