Shows - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-05-2004, 11:19 AM   #1
riverjop
Shows

Ok!,
How many shows do you go to a year?
What percentage of shows do you "show" and "look"?
What is your favorite show?
What is your most profitable show?
I didn't post a poll, cause I wanted to hear your thoughts on this subject.

Old 05-05-2004, 12:08 PM   #2
Golden Gate Geckos
shows

I usually attend 4-6 shows per year as a vendor, and rarely get a chance to attend as a 'looker.' My favorite and most profitable show used to be the San Diego IRBA show, but the last one was actually the worst because the promoters keep raising the prices to vend there, and do very little to promote attendance.

Old 05-05-2004, 12:16 PM   #3
riverjop
When I used to live in southern Ca. I loved going to that show!
But it's been years since I've gone there, now that I live in the "reptile void" of North Idaho.

Old 05-05-2004, 02:02 PM   #4
ew1074
"reptile void" Lol, i live in a one of those too. I dont know of any shows that come to Ok. If i ever want to go to a show i'm gonna have to travel over a couple of states. Are shows fun? I wouldnt know, there arent any available to me.

Old 05-05-2004, 02:31 PM   #5
Bryan Self
The IRBA show was a good show even up to a few years ago. Now it is very bad the show that will replace all in CA will be this one.
http://www.narbc.com/htm_la/vendor_list.htm
I can remember when all the bigger vendors came to San Diego well now they are back. Just take a look at who will be comming. I think this will be the only show I will sell at after this year.

Old 05-05-2004, 05:04 PM   #6
riverjop
When I say "VOID" I also mean in the wild!
In our area we have no Poisoness snakes at all (no poison oak or poison Ivy, or any thing like that, also!!!) We only have rubber boa's (which I've only found one) & garter snakes) by the thousands!
Only small species of Alligator Lizards & blue tail skinks . Thats all I have ever come across in our area. But thats another thread!
I don't think we have any good shows up my way, except seattle.

Old 05-05-2004, 07:18 PM   #7
Gecko_Den
IRBA show in SD

I loved that show when I lived in San Diego, of course that was almost ten years ago. So long ago that at the time Sticky Tongue farms still sold Chameleons and Steve just started selling Miner-All, it was sold in ziplock bags at his table at the show......

I try and do most of the Eastern PA. shows and Chip puts on a good show in Northern Va.

As far as profit, most of my sales come from the internet. I'm happy when I can break even at a show. I enjoy doing the shows because it affords the opportunity to talk to a lot of other herp lovers in person.

Old 05-05-2004, 07:34 PM   #8
riverjop
OH MY GOSH.......

Thats so wierd!
cause thats about the same last time I was there!
Quote:
So long ago that at the time Sticky Tongue farms still sold Chameleons and Steve just started selling Miner-All, it was sold in ziplock bags at his table at the show......
I didn't know steve, but I remember talking with him about Miner-all, and he gave me a bunch of cool chameleon posters. LOL (I used to raise and breed chameleons)
Thats to funny, I probably saw you but ??????? LOL
wow it really is a small world!

Old 05-05-2004, 07:36 PM   #9
Manhattan Herps
White Plains NY

this is my first year attending expos, i've been to 4 shows in white plains ny so far, i like it alot, all the animals are pretty healthy,good prices and awesome breeders(i.e Alberto of AMGecko, ruben of taino reptiles, kirk of kirksHerps,Steve of E2MacPets and alot more
i plan on going to each show every year whether i have money of not

Old 05-05-2004, 07:45 PM   #10
Blazin
Just Alburquerque!

And the one I am going to get rolling in this TOWN!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!