Inquire Mike Webb - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-24-2004, 09:47 PM   #1
Southern Serpents
Post Inquire Mike Webb

It me, Mike Webb. I would like to finally put to rest all the bull and people trying to piss on my name and put me down to rest. I have become a very respected dealer on a few websites and have a list of 20+ good references and feedback notes. Feel free to email me at anytime for a list of these people or the website which all of this can be found. As for the BOI and the people on here with nothing better to do, have fun. I am not trying to put down anybody all I am saying is I have enough references and good feedback to more than completly contradict what anybody on here has to say. I have been in this buisness for about 6 years now and it seems to be the same 2 or 3 people that try to run my good name into the ground. Yes, there were bad deals with those few people a few YEARS ago. But do not hesitate to ask me and I will prove to you my good name. I try to never put anybody down and asking me how you can find out if I am really as repectable as I say will not bother me a bit. I will gladly show you. I no longer use a hotmail account for email since all it gets is spam, I use the email address that comes with my internet service. You can feel free to email me there anytime at
duke-mrw@msn.com I will gladly answer any questions or comments.
MICHAEL A. WEBB
SOUTHERN SERPENTS...

Old 05-24-2004, 10:18 PM   #2
smart_ask
Mike would you further explain this
Quote:
I would like to finally put to rest all the bull and people trying to piss on my name and put me down to rest.
What people......?
What bull......?

Respectfully,

Old 05-25-2004, 11:07 AM   #3
Pennebaker
I must be one of those terrible people trying to ruin his name.

Of course, that is because you and I did have a bad deal--I sent you money you disconnected your phone.
It was years ago and a small amount of money, but it does not change the fact that it is fraud. You may have a good reputation now, but you have never made things right with me.
You say it does not matter because that was years ago?
How can you prove me wrong? Or that what I'm saying is "bull"? I sent you $40, you never sent me anything and had your phone disconnected.

If you would like to make things right, send me $40. Late is better than never.

Dana

Old 05-25-2004, 12:05 PM   #4
Pennebaker
Actually, let me clarify...

I am not "trying to piss on your name" or "put you down to rest" at all. But when your name comes up (I do not bring it up), I simply tell my experience and remind you of what happened.

Dana

Old 05-25-2004, 07:18 PM   #5
herpcondo
my experience with mr. Webb...

Hey ,,
I purchased a 10 lot of eastern collard lizards from Mike,, ( through reptibid)and i asked very clearly for a 3.7 ratio,,,, and when they got here they were shipping in a foam ice chest,, with a cold pack! they were freezing! they were limp and almost dead,,, the weather here has been 85-90 degrees so i had no idea why a cold pack,,, well instead of a 3.7 ratio they came in a 5.5 ratio,,, Also since they arrived 2 have died,, and 2 more are in bad shape,,, he says he worms them, i don't believe it,,, i have kept collards in the past, and they did very well,,, thrived, and really enjoyed life,, these i got from Mike are in bad shape,,, and i think part to do from the fact they were so cold when they got here,,, and they stayed cold for 24 hours,,, in shipping.. but be it as it may,, i won't be dealing with Mike anymore,,, my dollars are better spent elsewhere,,,,
this deal just happened last week by the way,, so it is not in the "past"...
You may have 20 good references like you said,, but don't put me down as one!

Old 05-25-2004, 08:37 PM   #6
DAND
Re: Inquire Mike Webb

Quote:
Originally posted by Southern Serpents
[#1] I have become a very respected dealer on a few websites and have a list of 20+ good references and feedback notes.

[#2] As for the BOI and the people on here with nothing better to do, have fun. I am not trying to put down anybody all I am saying is I have enough references and good feedback to more than completly contradict what anybody on here has to say. I have been in this buisness for about 6 years now and it seems to be the same 2 or 3 people that try to run my good name into the ground. Yes, there were bad deals with those few people a few YEARS ago.

[#3] I will prove to you my good name. I try to never put anybody down and asking me how you can find out if I am really as repectable as I say will not bother me a bit. I will gladly show you.
[#1] Why not post the sites in your initial thread?

[#2] How can you prove your good name when you haven't corrected your past bad deals. That is the only way to prove your good name.

[#3] How could references and good feedback contradict past bad deals?

I think you just started to dig yourself into a hole with starting this thread and invited the people that you had bad deals with to grab a shovel.

Old 05-25-2004, 11:32 PM   #7
Mark and Aimee
We purchased a decent sized group of Collared Lizards from Mike as well.

It appears he gave us the sexes indicated.

Three or four of the females are gravid (were gravid upon reciept).

Approx. 5 (out of 20) appear to be in good condition. The rest are emaciated, showing hip bones, and not eating well.

I know they are wild caught lizards, and you take a chance with them - but the wordage on the ad was MUCH different.

http://www.reptibid.com/cgi-bin/auct...1084736941.dat

Quote:
I have quite a few available and they are all fat, healthy, and parasite free both inside and out.
None of the Collareds I recieved could be considered fat. I cannot verify whether or not they have been dewormed, but I'd guess not.

Quote:
They are feeding voraciously on crickets, mealworms, and roaches.
A few will eat crickets, some eat mealworms (many regurg also), and I have yet to get one to take a roach.

Quote:
These collards are GUARANTEED to be nice, healthy and very and active.
Well, sort of. Some have nice colors, about 1/4 of the shipment appears healthy, and a few are active.

I'm not even going to bother taking this one up with Mike, because like I said - they're wild caught and I took the chance with them.

But I highly doubt I will be ordering any more from him.

Old 05-26-2004, 02:57 PM   #8
Southern Serpents
hold on.

How come either one of you "sunset dragon ranch and outback snake house"did not email me back and tell me that there was a problem? I have sent you both emails to find out what the problem is. I said that I guaranteed my animals and I will hold true to that. Email me back and lets get these problems fixed.

Old 05-26-2004, 03:17 PM   #9
dwedeking
Quote:
How come either one of you "sunset dragon ranch and outback snake house"did not email me back and tell me that there was a problem? I have sent you both emails to find out what the problem is. I said that I guaranteed my animals and I will hold true to that. Email me back and lets get these problems fixed.
So did Dana get an email as well to resolve her issue?

Old 05-26-2004, 04:01 PM   #10
Mark and Aimee
Quote:
How come either one of you "sunset dragon ranch and outback snake house"did not email me back and tell me that there was a problem?
Mike, two reason.

1. They're wild caught, and I took a chance by ordering them from you. I've covered this twice in my post.

2. It's not even worth the shipping charges to have replacements sent.

I'll take a look at your email - but honestly, I don't think there is anything to resolve.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!