Cage for crested gecko - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-28-2004, 05:13 PM   #1
TheLizardKing
Cage for crested gecko

Can you use screen cages for crested geckos?

Old 07-30-2004, 02:58 PM   #2
Monte
I use them . . .

. . . I have a ton of screen cages for my rhacs and I absolutely love them. I make sure to mist them at least once a day - but they probably get 2 x a day - once when I turn on the lights, and once when i turn them off. (my basement herp room is a tad cool). They are easy to clean and the rhacs seem to love the climbing space.

I will never go back to anything else. I want to see and enjoy my herps - something I missed when i was raising leos in huge racks in little tubs. I really enjoy watching them now.

SCALES makes some nice cages - make sure that you get ones that are newer, since they did a redesign on the holes for the screws (they fit better now).

I use the 16x16x24 for a 1.2 group, easily.

Old 07-30-2004, 11:59 PM   #3
Manhattan Herps
i think..well..obviously the screen cages work if monte keeps them, like he said just mist them daily and you should be fine

Old 07-31-2004, 12:30 AM   #4
Monte
something additional . . .

. . . Dan - like I'm the expert - bah . . . I'm just very thrilled to be able to see them again. That's the reason we got into herps the first place - to see and enjoy them - not to store them like blankets.

Anyway - I forgot to tell you - i do check the rhacs over, and make sure they are getting enough of the mist effect. I just found a juvi that had some shed caught on his paw/foot. You really have to watch those little ones in the cage, because they can hide.

Oh, and one thing more - I do heat them with a 40 watt bulb, gets the top of the leaves/sticks near 80. Nice temp gradient then . . .

Here's a pix of one of my typical set ups.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crestedcage.jpg (121.9 KB, 106 views)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!