Inquiry on LLLReptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-06-2004, 10:15 AM   #1
John E Dove
Inquiry on LLLReptiles

I was wondering if these guys are any good and if all of their advertised Captive Born are just that or are they reselling imports.
PLEASE do not misconstrue this question; this is not an accusation of any type. This is just a request to anyone that has done business with them, or knows them, for information.
John E Dove

Old 08-06-2004, 10:44 AM   #2
Lynn
If you use the search button on the top of the page you will find out all you need to know. There have been several threads started on them..Hope this helps. All I have ever bought from them is calcium and vits which were gotten at a good price..

Old 08-06-2004, 01:58 PM   #3
robin d.
i doubt i would ever buy any reptiles off of them... i chose to buy directly from the breeder. however i have gotten supplies from them before and all went well and on time

Old 08-06-2004, 03:11 PM   #4
Milwaukee Reptiles
Ditto... same as Robin. I also use them for feeders with no problems.

Old 08-06-2004, 03:39 PM   #5
mistysprouse
I bought my first ball python from them at a show in CA, I am sure it was a farmed baby cost me $23.

Well that snake is the best of all my snakes, he eats everything (named him garbage gut) weighed 1000 grams when he turned 1 and no I don't feed him every week he just never turns down a meal and eats others left overs. This snake is also the tamest and best colored normal I have.

I would suggest them, as to the claim of CB who knows but I do think they buy animals from breeders and resale them so it could be true.

Old 08-06-2004, 03:53 PM   #6
Mark and Aimee
We've purchased many supplies from them - and never had a problem. We've never purchased animals from them, but wouldn't hesitate to do so.

Before assuming an animal is not labeled correctly, you must understand the abbreviations...

CH = captive hatched (not usually in the US)
CB= captive born, and sometimes means captive bred
CBB= captive bred and born

The only way to know for sure is to ask...

Old 08-06-2004, 10:30 PM   #7
David Reid
LLL

They are a local Reptile only store, that I frequent to buy feeder rats. They do have WC animals, the usual Reptile store animals, but they also DO buy from local breeders. I have personally sold them baby Hogg Island Boas and really nice Bearded Dragons. I have purchased a few animals from them, although it has been awhile. I bought a pair of lineatus geckos, and the female laid four eggs about a month later. All four hatched at room temp, bright orange little guys. If an animal you are interested in says CB, I would double check with them, they are honest in my opinion, and take them at their word.

Old 08-06-2004, 11:00 PM   #8
jnsreptiles
Thumbs up

I bought an albino male burm from them as well as tons of products. Never had any problems. The burm is a great eater and every order arrived ontime and packaged nicely. I just ordered from them again today I have been a customer of theirs for over a year now, and have been 100% satisfied. I am not sure if they sell cb, ch, farmed, etc. but the one animal I did get is flawless. Best of luck.

Jason Smith

Old 08-07-2004, 01:59 AM   #9
Amy Truman
Thumbs up LLL

They are great. All my buisness with them has always been perfect. They have great customer service, a very friendly staff that is more than happy to make sure you are fully satisfied with your orders/purchases.
I have always recieved healthy animals and got exactly what I wanted.
Buy with confidence.

Old 08-07-2004, 03:29 AM   #10
jinx667
Thumbs up LLL REPTILE

I too have purchased animals and supplies from them here in O-side, and they have been great. Also they are very good about labeling the animals as to whether thay are captive bred or wild caught. Great folks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!