And along comes Ivan the Terrible... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 09-06-2004, 12:59 PM   #1
Ken Harbart
And along comes Ivan the Terrible...

Here I am in my hotel room, waiting out some rain bands from Frances before driving home tomorrow morning. I had an acquainance in the area check on my house, and it appears to have escaped the storm with just minor damage. The main problem is going to be drying out my lot, which was saturated to the point of being swampland even before Charley. (Remember my neighbor with the sweet, loveable pit bulls that are menacing the neighborhood? It seems his pool filter sprung a leak, and dumped about 10K gallons into his backyard, along with mine.)

Anyways, now that we more or less dodged the bullet that Frances threw at us, we're keepiing our eyes on Ivan, who should be coming to town late next weekend. It's kind of freaky to see it go from tropical storm to Cat Four overnight, and this one's coming in considerably faster than Frances was. Following up Ivan, a tropical wave is taking shape just west of Cape Verde. It got off to a late start, but this is proving to be quite a busy hurricane season.

Old 09-06-2004, 07:16 PM   #2
lostkauze
Well, they said this was going to be the Hurricane Season of all hurricane seasons.

Two so far in a month, and with Mr. Ivan along the way... man. I'm just leaving whatever plywood I have up.

I didnt get hit too badly with Frances... I had cable and power the whole time. Other places in Broward County lost both. It knocked over many trees, and made a mess of our city, but it was just wind and rain for a few days... for me atleast.

Supplies are running short, atleast here in South Florida, my Publix is still stripped of food, so for dinner, I had ice cream.

This is turning out pretty interesting in a real devestating sort of way.

Michael

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!