Olivia Li = Great deal - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-08-2004, 11:39 AM   #1
Jeremy Letkey
Olivia Li = Great deal

I contacted Olivia about an extra thermostat that she had. We decided on a trade. One of my animals for her thermostat and 1 of the offspring if she ever decided to breed her. She agreed to pay all shipping. I recieved the thermostat in a timely manner along with the owners manual. A couple of days later I recieved a paypal payment for shipping. I didn't even need to remind Olivia for payment she just sent it. This was a good thing because I'd forgotten that she was paying for shipping. I would have sent the animal out and paid shipping myself, so it was a nice surprise. In short Olivia Li is a great person to deal with. I'd recommend her to anyone.

Old 09-08-2004, 12:09 PM   #2
robin d.
i have to agree she purchased a couple of geckos from me a bit back and she was right on top of things, knew what she wanted and was extremely present. she still send s me updates. no matter buyer, trader or seller Olivia is a great person all around

Old 09-08-2004, 01:10 PM   #3
Golden Gate Geckos
great customer

Olivia purchased a male blizzard Leopard Gecko from me, and the payment was prompt, communication was great, and the best thing is that she has given me several updates on the progress of the gecko as well! It's nice to deal with people like Olivia.

Old 01-31-2005, 04:17 PM   #4
Brandon Osborne
Olivia recently purchased a trio of brooks kings from me. I made a mistake and sent the wrong snake when packing the shipment. Olivia inquired about the snake I sent and the pic of the snake that was supposed to be sent. I asked if she would mind paying shipping for the new snake and she agreed. Payment was sent promptly with no questions asked. It's people like Olivia that make this hobby that much more enjoyable. A smooth transaction and way ahead of the game. Great person in my book.

thanks
Brandon Osborne

Old 01-31-2005, 05:30 PM   #5
Golden Gate Geckos
hmmm...

Brandon, I would think you would be the one to pay for shipping for the new snake since it was your mistake in shipping the wrong one in the first place. What was your reasoning in asking Olivia to pay? This is an example of a real "good-guy, bad-guy" post, and we all know who the "Good Guy/Gal" is!

Old 01-31-2005, 06:03 PM   #6
robin d.
i would have to agree. a shipping/packing mistake made by me would be my responsibility not the buyers. Olivia was very kind in the fact that she agreed to pay shipping but Brandon, it should have been your responsibility since it was your error.

Old 01-31-2005, 06:22 PM   #7
Brandon Osborne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Gate Geckos
Brandon, I would think you would be the one to pay for shipping for the new snake since it was your mistake in shipping the wrong one in the first place. What was your reasoning in asking Olivia to pay? This is an example of a real "good-guy, bad-guy" post, and we all know who the "Good Guy/Gal" is!
I asked her to pay for the shipping, keep the first snake I sent, and I sent her another pair of snakes. I would have paid shipping had she insisted. I've been laid off work for 4 months and money is tight. I didn't insist, I just asked, and I wouldn't have thought twice if she asked me to pay for it. She was happy with the way the transaction turned out and so was I. So who's in the wrong? Me...because I asked? Or me....because I asked? This thread was about how she was understanding enough to look past my mistake, not about my mistake.

Brandon Osborne

Old 01-31-2005, 06:25 PM   #8
Jeremy Letkey
While I also agree that under normal circumstances, if the seller makes a mistake all expenses incured to rectify it are the sellers responsibility. I would like to hear from Olivia on this portion though. They may have come to some other agreement that she was satisfied with.

Quote:
A+ ratings from me!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received 1.2 brooksi kings from Brandon last week, but there was a small mix-up with one of the snakes. The one I got sent by mistake was too lovely to send back, so I agreed to pay the price of shipping to have the correct one sent to me while being able to keep the first one. It was a fair enough amendment, but Brandon went the extra mile of including a couple of bonuses with the shipment. Now, he did ask beforehand if I were all right with getting more snakes. I said yes, thinking maybe I'd just get some extra hets or something. I had no idea I would be getting 1.1 gorgeously colorful knock-your-socks-off Eastern x Brooksi kings. To make things even better, I had actually been on the lookout for one like these, and now I own a pair.

On top of being pretty, all of the snakes seem very alert and healthy. The ones I've fed so far show great feeding response.

You can bet I'm very happy with the transaction. It's always a pleasure to buy from someone who makes the extra effort to satisfy his customers.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota
monax materiam possit materiari?

(How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?)

Old 01-31-2005, 07:00 PM   #9
Golden Gate Geckos
apology!

Brandon, I apologize for jumping to conclusions and not investigating further. I was going strickly on the merit of your post in this thread, and tend to feel a bit overprotective at times. I'm glad that both of you had a great experience dealing with each other! Jeremy, thanks for pointing out the post from Olivia.

Old 01-31-2005, 11:35 PM   #10
Brandon Osborne
Not a problem Marcia. I just didn't want people thinking I was trying to pull one over on her. I honestly didn't break even on the deal. I just wanted to make sure she was satisfied with the final transaction. Like I said, had she insisted I pay for shipping, I would have been on it without question. Sometimes, things are a little harder to express on the web. I expressed my grief to Olivia over the mixup and sincerely felt bad about the inconvenience. I felt by letting her keep the first snake I sent by mistake, giving her the original snake, and sending her another pair of snakes would hopefully rectify an unfortunate mixup. Again, to Olivia, I sincerely apologize for the mistake.

Now, back to Olivia's thread. Great buyer!!!!!

Brandon Osborne

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!