Chlorhexiderm Chlorhexidine Disinfectant - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Caging, Supplies & Services For Sale/Wanted

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 11:40 AM   #1
Leachianus01
Chlorhexiderm Chlorhexidine Disinfectant

I am selling 1 gallon of Chlorhexiderm Chlorhexidine solution(Chlorhexidine gluconate 2%). It is a very safe non-toxic disinfectant to use for all reptiles. One ounce of Chlorhexiderm solution is diluted per gallon of water, so it lasts a very long time. I am charging $21.00 plus $6 for shipping. If you have any questions, please email me at northlight1@sbcglobal.net.

Thanks Shane
  Contact User Check User
Old 09-16-2004, 01:07 PM   #2
epidemic
You can get the same product from Valley Vet for $14.00 per gallon..

http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.h...2-00b0d0204ae5

Jeff

Old 09-16-2004, 10:27 PM   #3
Leachianus01
The product from Valley Vet is a generic name brand. The Chlorhexidine that I am selling is made by DVM, a respected name.
  Contact User Check User
Old 09-17-2004, 09:19 AM   #4
epidemic
The generic works equally well, sorry to break this to you, but we ran extensive comparison analysis, here at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, to decide which product to use within the ACH Department of Pediatrics Infectious Disease lab.
Nolvasan, Chlohexiderm, Agrilab and Unilab products were analyzed, and all were found to be equally effective in the eradication of a variety of bacteria, fungi, viruses and yeasts. Also, all were found to equally capable of retaining antimicrobial activity in the presence of organic matter.
You do not have to take my word for it though, as Wyeth Pharmaceuticals will provide you with the same information. They may be contacted at 1-800-685-5656.
It basically comes down to Chlorhexidine gluconate 2% is just that, regardless of the name on the label.

Regards,,

Jeff

Jeff Snodgres
University of Arkansas
snodgresjeffreys@uams.edu

Old 09-17-2004, 11:31 AM   #5
Leachianus01
Ok so you did an experiment, I could honestly care less. All I care about is the fact that I paid $24 dollars for that gallon of Chlorhexiderm by DVM. You will not find a gallon of DVM Chlorhexiderm cheaper than the $21.00 that I am selling it for. It is that simple. It is like comparing a Kia to a Lexus. Yeah both cars do work, but the Lexus is of higher quality, and so it costs more. This is just the way that the world works Jeff. You pay more for a name brand. So I do not know why you are coming here trying to screw up my post, and don't deny that those are your intentions. And once again, I could care less if you are a professor at some trashy university in Arkansas. It all comes down to one thing. If you can find a gallon of CHLORHEXIDERM SOLUTION UNSCENTED BY DVM for less than $21.00 feel free to let me know. If not, keep your trap shut because you cannot compare apples to oranges.
  Contact User Check User
Old 09-17-2004, 11:39 AM   #6
epidemic
Not apples and oranges, as Chlorhexidine 2% is just that.
I hate to see people, including yourself, get taken advantage of by such things.
Sorry if the truth caused you so much dismay, but perhaps a bit of research in the future, on your part, will help you to aviod such problems.
Also, as I mentioned, don't take my word for it, contact Wyeth, or Fort Dodge, as I used to buy Nolvasan at 50.00 per gal, until one of the reps there informed me of the generic, and that's how our "little" experiment came about.

Jeff Snodgres
University of Arkansas

Old 09-17-2004, 11:58 AM   #7
epidemic
To show you there are no hard feelings, on my behalf, and that my motives were to merely inform the public, and not to sabotage your post, I will be happy to purchase the gallon of Chlorhexiderm from you.
Send me an e-mail, my address is snodgresjeffreys@uams.edu, indicating your preferred method of payment, and I will forward this to you.

Best regards,

Jeff Snodgres
University of Arkansas
snodgresjeffreys@uams

Old 09-17-2004, 03:51 PM   #8
bebomason
Why did you not e-mail him in the first place? People are going to buy whatever they choose, if they are overpaying they will do so until they find out otherwise. I just think your reply was in bad taste, when you could have e-mailed him personally without any chance of someone reading the post. And thinking that he might be trying to pull something. I don't know either one of you, but would also be offended if someone did the same to me.

Old 09-17-2004, 03:55 PM   #9
epidemic
Because time and again, I see too many people, who do not realize there is a generic available, or where to purchase such.
My point was to inform the public, not a single individual, to this regard.
Did you not understand that from reading the thread?

Regards,

Jeff Snodgres
University of Arkansas

Old 09-17-2004, 04:06 PM   #10
bebomason
Do you not undertsand the other options this site provides? There are other forums on this site available for such things. So don't try to belittle my understanding. It's simple you overstepped common courtesy, when you could have e-mailed him. Or used the appropriate forums for your information. Have a nice day!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread