For Sale 1.1 Varanus Flavirufus - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Monitors

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 06:12 PM   #1
dfisch235
1.1 Varanus Flavirufus

For Sale: 1.1 Varanus Flavirufus
Both the male and female are tame and easily handled. Currently housed in a 8x4x4 and feeding solely on whole prey items.
Asking $2,800.
Willing to ship.
Call or text 201-230-7346
Please do not PM on here.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 05-12-2015, 07:20 PM   #2
russdogg91
If they are tame and easily handled why do you have gloves on?

Old 05-12-2015, 07:22 PM   #3
dfisch235
I prefer not to get clawed up all day and Yes they have claws. In general, flavis are not biters. Thank you for the stupid question.
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-13-2015, 07:03 AM   #4
pestodeculo
All varanids, tame or not, are generally handled with gloves due to their razor sharp claws.. It is BAD HUSBANDRY to trim a varanids claws, which will tear you to slivers when they simply walk across your flesh not even trying to be aggressive.. If you don't want scars or don't wanna wear gloves them a large varanid is not the animal for you.

Also, I'm sure the admins would recommend questions like this be sent direct to the seller or perhaps the boi..
-Chris

Old 05-13-2015, 08:15 AM   #5
hhmoore
Quote:
Also, I'm sure the admins would recommend questions like this be sent direct to the seller or perhaps the boi..
We also recommend letting the seller respond for himself, rather than jumping into an ad with disruptive comments

Old 05-13-2015, 08:25 AM   #6
russdogg91
ok Thanks for the info. I was asking an honest question and was not trying to be a smarta**

Old 05-13-2015, 08:33 AM   #7
dfisch235
No problem russ. I thought you were intentionally trying to be obnoxious. Sorry about that.
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-13-2015, 10:45 PM   #8
SobekSerpents
How old is the pair? Are they related?

Thank you.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:07 AM   #9
kostoglotov73
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfisch235 View Post
I prefer not to get clawed up all day and Yes they have claws. In general, flavis are not biters. Thank you for the stupid question.
Go look at videos on YouTube of the reptile whisperer. That woman does not wear gloves and neither does her six year old daughter when handling their monitors. I guess skull tattoos don't make you quite as tough as you think.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:07 AM   #10
AirborneExotics
Chris Smulow if you knew anything about Doug, you'd know he's a vet that's spent more time in combat zones under fire than most. So the next time you want to make sarcastic comments about how tough someone is, maybe you should know who you're speaking about. As for wearing gloves, most of us do because the cuts are annoying and carry a high risk of infection.
For anyone who's actually interested in these animals, I'll happily vouch for them. They're calm, great feeders and beautiful in person. They're well cared for and currently reside in a massive enclosure that allows them to dig, climb and just be monitors. Awesome animals and a great opportunity.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread