Advice needed, rotting eggs attachd to good - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-03-2015, 09:33 PM   #1
phoenix-cry
Advice needed, rotting eggs attachd to good

So I have one good egg left, but it is very firmly stuck to two eggs that are starting to rot. Dental floss is not going to separate them. One of the eggs has a good inch square that is stuck to to the good one, and the other is firmly stuck to the other bad one and the good one as well.

So...do I just let the rotting eggs rot. Or do I take an X-acto knife and slice off the rotting eggs, leaving the part of the shell that is stuck on the good egg behind?

There is no mold as of yet, just collapsing egg.

I really want to save this good egg so I'm willing to suffer the stench of cutting open a bad egg if that's what it takes, but if that is the riskier move I don't mind living with the smell of slowly rotting eggs.

I have heard in the past that you should just let the bad ones lay, but I'm just double checking. There were two other bad ones, but they were easily removed without risking the good one.

Just to clarify, they are *really* stuck together, I fear any floss or pulling would rip open the good egg.

Old 07-04-2015, 11:07 PM   #2
phoenix-cry
Now there is a little bit of fine white mold on the bad eggs. But the good egg still looks good!

Old 07-05-2015, 11:43 AM   #3
Reptile Frenzy
Leave it alone. We have a moldy egg attached to a couple good ones.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:44 AM   #4
phoenix-cry
Leaving it alone! Thank you. Yeah I really feared pulling them apart that just sounded like an accident waiting to happen.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:49 AM   #5
Reptile Frenzy
You can try athletic foot powder to kill the mold but hasent worked for me. The risk of tearing the good egg isnt worth it. Once they get to the point where they are about to hatch the eggs pull apart easily thats when you pull it apart.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:51 AM   #6
phoenix-cry
I will keep an eye on them I can just rub off the mold if it gets out of hand.

Old 07-05-2015, 01:23 PM   #7
chrisis697
Im not a big fan of the rotten egg smell so in the past i have used a razor & drained the rotten eggs attached to the good one. Once its drained then i would carefully remove as much of the bag egg shell left as possible. Be very careful tho as im sure you know you dont want to cut your good egg. I even went as far as to spray some f10 on a paper towel & clean what is left stuck to the good egg. Ive had good luck with that. Good luck with your remaining eggs.
Chris
B and S Pythons/facebook

Old 07-05-2015, 01:25 PM   #8
phoenix-cry
I'm not thrilled by the rotting egg smell myself. I'm sure it's *no* fun to drain the rot out of an egg either. If the scent gets too bad I might just try that. Ugh.

Thanks for the well wishing on the remaining good egg (lost the other three already), there's a Panda Pied in there...I just know there is.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!