Another Nigerian Scam but this time by Robbin Hood. I guess he is real! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-20-2004, 01:51 PM   #1
theturtleshop
Another Nigerian Scam but this time by Robbin Hood. I guess he is real!

Hi everyone,

I just got an email from "Robbin Hood" for some corn snakes. You know how the scam goes, just wanted to let everyone know the updated names on these dummies. Who would ever call him Robbin Hood? Thats is so obvious. I guess they think that by adding an extra B to Robin, its less obvious to everyone that the name is a total fake. They need to give us some more credit here. Not all of us are complete dopes. Anyway, below is the email he sent to me. The only thing this guy has in common with the "real" Robbin Hood is that they both like to steal, well one for a noble cause and one to fatten his own pockets. I do believe the story book character was a bit smarter though. These scams are just retarded. This scam is getting way too old. What dummies!

Message about: 04' corn snakes 2 different morphs

r_hood20042002@yahoo.ca to me
More options 10:26am (13 minutes ago)

GREETINGS,MY NAME IS ROBBIN HOOD, I HAIL FROM CANADA.AM A BUSINESS MAN AND I AM IN CONJUCTION IN SELLING SNAKES TO CUSTOMERS IN UK, BUT RIGHT NOW I HAVE A CUSTOMER WHO IS READY TO PURCHASE YOUR{04' corn snakes 2 different morphs }.BEFORE I PROCEED I WILL LIKE TO ASK IF IT'S NOT A STOLEING PROPERTIES.I WANT YOU TO SCAN THE PICTURE FOR ME AND I WILL LIKE TO ASK IF YOU ACCEPT CERTIFIEDS CASHIER CHEQUE .SO GETS BACK TO ME IMMEDIATELY WITH YOUR LAST NEGOTIATABLE ASKING PRICE FOR THE SNAKE? FORWARD ME THE EARLY CONDITION IT IS OK.HOPE THIS IS UNDERSTAND BY YOU .I WAIT FOR YOUR REPLY ASAP.

MR ROBBIN HOOD
SNAKESWORLD CO.LTD

Will the real Robin Hood please stand up?

Old 10-20-2004, 01:55 PM   #2
theturtleshop
ehhh whoops forgot, i guess everyone can be dopes sometimes

Sincerely,
Andrew Yau
theturtleshop@gmail.com

Old 10-20-2004, 02:08 PM   #3
MGReptiles
I got the same mail like 2 weeks ago...I thought it was funny, how stupid can someone be....
-Matt Graybeal

Old 10-20-2004, 02:41 PM   #4
Chris@TSE
I got the same one twice today.....

Old 10-20-2004, 02:55 PM   #5
critical bill
Did anyone...

email them back as Fryer Tuck? Its nice to play with them for a while to see where it goes.

I'm gonna try it with the addy you guys posted for them. I think I will name myself Mr. Phil Latio, owner of Orgasmic Retiles.

I will post back if they take the bait.

Old 10-20-2004, 05:28 PM   #6
Safierdrgn
Maid Marion to the rescue!!

I get that crap all the time from my ads..I mail them back occassionaly to see if they'll play along. Too bad they never do!

Instead of Fryer Tuck email them back as the Sheriff of Nottingham! Run Robbin Run!

This little video makes fun of those scams at one point..I thought it was hilarious(people with little/no sense of humor might find it offensive).
Real Life vs. The Internet

~Angela Dean

Old 10-20-2004, 09:12 PM   #7
theturtleshop
So I emailed him back saying that i had a lot of inquires about the corns and I upped the price to 3,000 a piece. He said he would just take one. haha! Well if anyone wants to paypal me 3,000 for a corn snake let me know, heck I'll even throw in the second one for free! Below is the reply to the new clight increase in price.

HELLO
I WANT JUST ONLY ONE.SO I HAVE INSTRUCT MY CLIENT YOU INCLUDE $2000 ON THE PAYMENT SO YOU SHOULD BE EXPECTING $5000.THE EXCESS FUNDS IS FOR THE SHIPPING AGENT THAT WILL COME FOR THE PICK UP ALONG SIDE WITH OTHER 3 SNAKES I PLACE ORDER FOR INCARE OF MY SHIPPER OK.
I WANT YOU TO GIVE ME YOUR CONTACT INFO SO THAT I CAN FAX IT DOWN TO MY CLIENT THAT WILL ISSUE THE PAYMENT TO YOU.
NAMEINFULL......
ADDRESS....
CITY......
STATE.....
ZIPCODE...
COUNTRY.....
PHONE#
I WANT YOU TO REPLY ME BACK WITH YOUR INFO SO THAT THE PAYMENT CAN BE ISSUE TO YOU.

wow 5,000 for one corn. geee wiz. anyone with one brain cell could smell this stinker from a mile away.

Sincerely,
Andrew Yau
theturtleshop@gmail.com

Old 10-21-2004, 10:04 AM   #8
ibabamba
Wow, I can't wait til I start getting those emails. I'll save 'em all-what an interesting collection that will be.

Old 10-22-2004, 09:05 PM   #9
USAGECKOS
I just got one of these scams, it was from siege_smith01@yahoo.com, don't know his/her name. It is funny because in his email he eventually tells me that he is going to send me more money and for me to cash the check and return the difference. Unbeleivable!!

Here was his first email to me:

Quote:
Hello Seller, As Regarding you advert for a (item)for esale.I would like to know the actual price you are offering to sell it and also it's present condition.Also the mode of payment which he would be using would be by a Certified Check and also shipping arrangment would be made with a reliable and capable shipping company who can handle the shippment.Best Of Regards...
I answered his questions not realizing who he was at first. Then I got this email:

Quote:
Thanks for the mail am interested in the five ad so i want you to tell me the total price of them so iwant you to get back to measap today.
I answered this email too, but I was beginning to wonder about him. Here was his last reply from this afternoon:

[quote]Thanks for your e-mail,So glad to hear that the said items are still for sale,i want you to know one thing that the Mode of payment is going to be Certified Cashier's Checks that will be drawn from an American.So there will be no problem in Cashing the Checks.Also i want you to know that you will be recieving a Cashier's Check of $4,500 that will sent to you one of my Client over there in the USA who is owing me thisamount. So all i want you to do now is to recieve the Check,After then i will expect you to Cash it Immdiately at the Cashing Store.After the Check has been cashed i want you to Transfer the remaining excess funds to my Personal Assistant who will now Pay the Shipping Company to come over for the Pick up (I will handle the Shipping so Shipping Should not any Problem) Also after the Funds has been cashed and you have transfered to my Personal Assitant the excess funds,All you need to do is to wait for the Shipping Company to come over for t he Pick up,You will be notify on the Day they will arrive so that you will around for them toPick up the Item. Also funds should be Transfered to my Personal ssistant via Western Union. The Western Union and the Cashing Store Charges should be deducted from the excess funds you are sending my Personal Assistant.

I am Compesating you with $100 and you will be deducting $325 once you receive the check from my client ,So If this is Okay by you i want you to provide me with the Following Informations Which of course i will forward to my Client so that Payment will be Issued :

NAME: ......................
ADDRESS:.....................
CITY: .............................
STATE:............................
ZIP CODE:............................
PHONE NUMBER:...................(HOME,CELL AND WORK)

With this i will expect to hear from you soonest today...
[/quote/]

I ended up sending him a very nasty email afterwards, don't think I wil be hearing from him again!

Does anybody know anyway that we can report these to some kind of authority?

Old 11-06-2004, 08:59 PM   #10
Amazon Reptile
I got a check from him!

Mr. Robbin Hood sent us a "cashier's check". It is ostensibly drawn on a real Michigan Bank. He seemingly got a cashiers check out of Michigan to Lagos Nigeria and then back to the USA and my store in five days! Truly an amazing feat.

This joke of a check is made on a laser printer on premade stock. The paper is similar to the quality of the brown paper towels one uses to wash their hands in a filling station!

I get the scam over and over. I wonder if we all can get him to send checks to us. He sends international FedEx. It has gotta cost a mint. Let' us all spend him money for.

Pretend to fall for his scam and get him to send checks. Then we can all compare them !

Scott Solar

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!