California Silkworms Inquiry - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-12-2004, 06:27 AM   #1
Chris@TSE
Question California Silkworms Inquiry

Has anyone ordered from CALIFORNIA SILKWORMS recently?

Old 11-12-2004, 09:19 AM   #2
rwebdesigns
Thumbs up California silkworms

I ordered some very recently. They are always packed extremely well and usually none of the silkwomrs die on the way. I would recomend them, they sell a good product and ship within the timeframe they anounce.

Old 11-12-2004, 09:20 AM   #3
romad119
I got some in

about a week ago. It was just small, 100 ct. california silkworm shipment but they arrived fine and definitely a good overcount.

Old 11-12-2004, 10:13 AM   #4
Chris@TSE
We palced an order on the 7th (sunday) and it is now friday. Our AM deliveries have come and gone, and our order has still not arrived. No email confirmation, no correspondence whatsoever.

Thier website states that any orders placed between monday and wednesday ship same day if made by 10am. Since we ordered sunday ours should have had no problem shipping monday, tuesday at the very latest. They use usps priority shipping, which takes anywhere from 1-3 days. Welp, thats passed. No silkworms. They also state they issue notification including tracking when they ship, well we received no such notification, therefore we can only conclude nothing has shipped.

Basically, they have not adhered to ANY part of thier terms whatsoever.

This is our first time ordering from California Silkworms, and unless something is done to rectify our current situation and they foot the bill to ship nextday and get these feeders here which are already grossly late, to make up for thier errors, this will be the last time we order from them. Period.

Old 11-12-2004, 10:28 AM   #5
dwedeking
If it got out a day late (Tuesday) then with the holiday yesterday it probably won't arrive until Saturday via USPS. We ship crickets via USPS and we're still waiting for Tuesdays shipments to land on the east coast (we're on the west coast as well as California Silkworms).

With USPS giving you a tracking number is about useless unless the package gets lost. Their tracking system just shows about NO details on the shipment, just that it was shipped. I hate shipping USPS but it's the only way to be even slightly competitive on bug shipments coast to coast.

Old 11-12-2004, 10:30 AM   #6
Chris@TSE
We will find out then won't we...

Still, SOME type of correspondence would have been nice, and a notification once they shipped, as they stated they provided, was never done.

Hopefully there is not a problem....

Old 11-12-2004, 11:12 AM   #7
weaf
If you have not heard from them yet, feel free to try an contact them as they seem to be getting busier and busier and it may have just been an oversight do to growing pains.

I ordered 1000 Eggs and some food awhile short while back. Within 24 hours I was sent an email letting me know that they we're out of eggs and would have more on the upcoming Monday.
I appriciated the communications and told them "Not a problem and Thank You for the FYI". I was also told for the delay a would send a few (can't remember the actual live silkworms.

When the eggs and food arrived there was a container with live Silkworms and more than promised. My only issue was their was no invoice or instructions/care sheet for the eggs or how to prepare the powdered food. This might just be me as I am big into documentation from records to detailed instructions.

My final word: I would and will be ordering from them again in the future. Their Chameleon and Silkworm sites are very informative although the jump from their silkworm site to the actual ordering site is a bit strange the 1st time round.

My 2 Cents,
Mike Frericks

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- Einstein

Old 11-12-2004, 12:51 PM   #8
Chris@TSE
They emailed us back and stated that no shipment went out due to the holiday on thursday, which is completely understandable.

What disturbs me is that no one bothered to contact us to confirm our order, let alone inform us that it would not ship until the following week. Had we been informed, there would be no issues.

We requested a full refund and we will take our business to a supplier that can correspond inportant information regarding shipment of products purchaed in a timley fasion.

Old 11-12-2004, 03:00 PM   #9
mattjillson
Try Silkworm farm...

I've used www.silkwormfarm.com a few times and everytime the shipments have gone down very smooth and the silks I recieved were in very good condition with always a good amount of overcount. I have never used Ca Silkworms so I can't comment on their service or product but Joe at Silkworm Farm I have never had a problem with and has always come through with great product.

Good luck,
Matt Jillson

Old 11-12-2004, 10:37 PM   #10
chameleons4you
Thumbs up Nothing but postive experiences!

I've ordered from California Silkworms a few times and don't have any complaints about the silkworms and roaches I recieved. I've always gotten am email when they shipped and nice overcounts. If you do a search they have a pretty good reputation with there chameleons too.

Stephanie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!