R.I.P. Bandit - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-28-2005, 08:26 PM   #1
Crestedleo
Unhappy R.I.P. Bandit

For all of you who saw my post a few weeks ago about my crested, he didnt make it He passed away last night of unkown causes( he was really skinny and the vet didnt reveal anything odd either So, now I am going to mumify his remains and bury him out at my grandparents house on their land... I am so sad that he is gone... ~Bandit~R.I.P.~2005~

Old 01-28-2005, 08:39 PM   #2
Manhattan Herps
oh man grant, that really sucks, i really sorry you had to go through this, i know its hard..but just think of it as a learning experience,

R.I.P BANDIT

Old 01-28-2005, 08:57 PM   #3
Crestedleo

yeah, i am currently sending his liver off to a reptile vet person..(forget the name) and also getting bloodwork done by a herp vet ... thanks dan

Old 01-28-2005, 09:35 PM   #4
progeckos
Sorry for your loss Grant. It’s never easy loosing a gecko that’s close to you. We all have to go through it someday but it's still a hard thing.

Old 01-28-2005, 09:53 PM   #5
Golden Gate Geckos
awww...

Grant, I am so sorry about you losing Bandit. Please accept my heartfelt condolences even if there is really nothing anyone can do or say that will help. We surely do develop strong bonds with our animal friends, and it leaves an empty place in our hearts and lives when we lose them. I'm glad you came to this forum to find some TLC... grief can be a very lonely place to be.

Old 01-29-2005, 12:50 AM   #6
leaftail
Grant, I'm sorry to hear about Bandit. This is the tough part of having these critters we care about so much, losing one after we've tried everything we could. My sympathies are with you.

Laura

Old 01-29-2005, 01:54 AM   #7
StinaUIUC
I'm so sorry!...I know you tried hard to save him!

Old 01-29-2005, 04:44 PM   #8
Crestedleo
Red face thanks

Thanks alot guys! This makes me feel better, but i had plans to breed him later on.. but oh well now. Now, I am in need of something to fill my 30 gallon tank...

Old 01-29-2005, 11:37 PM   #9
Lemur_6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crestedleo
Thanks alot guys! This makes me feel better, but i had plans to breed him later on.. but oh well now. Now, I am in need of something to fill my 30 gallon tank...
Fill the tank with bleach for the time being and hopefully it'll :eatpointe and any nasties. Tell us what you find too, I had a cornsnake die of unknown causes and necropsy only showed possible impaction, but he couldn't have been impacted because he was passing stools (though they were very nasty looking), and there was more wrong with him than just what a simple impaction could've caused (them nasty looking stools... they were actually undigested mice... confirmed that he was passing undigested mice with my own eyes).

Old 01-30-2005, 01:59 PM   #10
USAGECKOS
Grant,

I am very sorry for your loss, it is really hard to lose a loved pet. My sympathies are with you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!