New Baby Beardie Bins? ( Need Input ) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-09-2005, 07:23 PM   #1
windex
Question New Baby Beardie Bins? ( Need Input )

I am expecting my first clutch in a about a month. I just bought a couple bins and need some more input. The bins will be lined will paper towels, which i heard is the best for babies. The uvb light strip will be mounted up against the wall behind the tubs and there will be another lamp for the second tub.

Any suggestions are welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Beardie Baby Bins.JPG (117.7 KB, 99 views)

Old 05-09-2005, 09:24 PM   #2
Heavensent Herps
It's nice...

but the cage is going to be way to dark. As you probably know, beardies thrive in bright light. I don't think the dark bins are going to help with brightness. i would go get some semi-clear/white ones if I were you, but I guess they'll be ok.

Old 05-09-2005, 09:30 PM   #3
pardalis
i agree with the above stated. also most flourescent reptile bulbs only project uvb about 10 inches from the surface of the bulb. zoomed staes that the new 10.0 bulbs will project up to 20 inches.

Old 05-09-2005, 10:23 PM   #4
windex
Thumbs up Thanks

I agree with both you with the brightness issue. I stood there for 10 mins trying to determine what bins would work the best. The only reason i bought these bins was the height. Still have the receipt so I guess I will go exchange them. As far as the uvb distance issue, I think the clear bins are about 3-4 inchs less in height . The height from light to the bottom will then be about 12 inchs.

Will that work

Thanks Chris

P.S. I REALLY APRECIATE THE HELP!!!!

Old 05-10-2005, 06:59 AM   #5
Heavensent Herps
That should work!

Good luck!

Old 05-10-2005, 10:46 PM   #6
pardalis
Sounds like a plan! Hope it all works out.

Old 06-06-2005, 01:56 AM   #7
TheDrew1
For an easier to clean substrate i would suggest buying some non adhesive shelf liner. Its much easier and you can cut it to the size of the enclosure. Also its much harder for crickets to hide under it like paper towels.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!