B.O.I. participants play favorites? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: What do you think?
Yes 11 55.00%
No 9 45.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2005, 10:57 PM   #1
Ophis
B.O.I. participants play favorites?

" Do B.O.I. participants tend to show unwarranted favoritism towards certain individuals based on their standing (or lack thereof) in the Fauna community or in the Reptile hobby in general"

Old 05-06-2005, 11:01 PM   #2
Ophis
Woops.I screwed that up.....no poll

Old 05-06-2005, 11:39 PM   #3
Karen Hulvey
The only way to "play favorites" on the BOI is to say it's okay to cheat or plain just rip off people. Please, someone, anyone, show me the EXACT thread that shows someone doing that. I haven't seen it yet and I do read almost all of the BOI threads. Perhaps I missed something.

The people who "get off" are the ones who RECTIFY and ACKNOWLEDGE that they have done wrong. What more can they do?

Old 05-07-2005, 08:02 AM   #4
cthulhu77
Karen, I think he was asking if there is a group of people who maybe receive preferential treatment here...

Personally, I think that there is such a group. (was it click or clique...can't remember...LOL ) Not that it is such a horrible thing...just that one has to take certain posts with a grain of salt, instead of knowing that it is non-partisan.

There are some leaders, if you will, on this forum that a number of people seem to follow and agree with no matter what...

greg

Old 05-07-2005, 09:21 AM   #5
Karen Hulvey
Greg:

Hey thanks for responding to my post. Some of my posts are simply ignored and I don't care. I'm in no clique.

I don't really care if there are "leaders" who post. I've read hundreds of pages of BOI material and I consider you, Greg, one of those "leaders". I thought you were in that "clique". I don't know where you're coming from with this clique theory.

If someone has an established reputation with good business practices after hundreds or even thousands of good transactions, then they deserve the benefit of the doubt (i.e. preferential treatment). They always have the opportunity to hang themselves as many have done in the past. It's how they conduct themselves when they answer an accusation that counts. If they are less than businesslike, etc. then I'm sure the "clique" will tear them a new a33hole. I don't see a problem that warrants two (so far) threads on the matter. To me it sounds like crying over, well basically, nothing.

Old 05-07-2005, 09:44 AM   #6
cthulhu77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hulvey
Greg:

I don't really care if there are "leaders" who post. I've read hundreds of pages of BOI material and I consider you, Greg, one of those "leaders". I thought you were in that "clique". I don't know where you're coming from with this clique theory.

To me it sounds like crying over, well basically, nothing.
Yikes. I am a legend in my own mind....

Several of the other members have basically said the same thing as you, Karen, that this is just me whining about nothing in particular...
The point striven for is :
Is the BOI the impartial judge and jury it represents itself as?

I think we are merely asking people to take a hard look at how they post, and be fair to everyone. That's all...certainly not a personal attack of the boi, or it's cliques...and yes, I do know that such little tribes exist...that doesn't mean that they should.

greg

Old 05-07-2005, 11:28 AM   #7
mycurlylocks
Hi Joe,
I see you decided to join us after all.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=65512

I personally don't feel like there is favoritism on the BOI. I feel like some post more than others; some have much more knowledge than myself and some of the group know each other personally, so that helps also.
I don't ever feel slighted even though I don't post much and don't really have much to offer. I am just a hobbyist, but when I have needed help, I have received it. I feel like I have made some true friends on this forum and that's good enough for me.
I hardly ever feel discontented with this forum. Sometimes I feel like the slamming can go on a little too long on the BOI, but that's about it.
If I am not happy with, I don't have to read it!
Candy

Old 05-07-2005, 12:54 PM   #8
Ophis
Yep.....I was offered a free membership by a participant who shall remain nameless and being the opportunistic hipocritical bastard that I am (Hey..sue me) I accepted. What the Hell!

Old 05-07-2005, 12:58 PM   #9
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthulhu77
The point striven for is :
Is the BOI the impartial judge and jury it represents itself as?
Who ever said that it was? The BOI is NOT a judge nor a jury. It is a BOARD composed of all of the members. No one makes a decision for the BOARD, and there are no penalties doled out as a verdict. Each and every member here is welcome to post their own input about a situation and each and every member is welcome to make their own individual decision about what to make of what has been posted. No one is going to be an OFFICIAL judge here passing sentence on someone. What the BOI is for is to present as much information as possible to anyone with an interest to investigate about a person or business, and the READER making up their own decision about that person or business.

Go ahead, find me a thread on this site where it has been locked with a closing post saying GUILTY or INNOCENT.

No one is having their arms twisted to think a certain way. No one is having their arms twisted to post a certain way. Nothing is deleted or repressed that goes against a majority opinion.

Do you know of a fairer way to do something like this?

Old 05-07-2005, 01:28 PM   #10
dwedeking
I don't think there is any manipulated "clique" on Fauna. By manipulated, I mean that one person or a group of people are controlling the opinions. I think what you are seeing is a natural occurance increased by the addition of the pay status. As an example: Fauna started with a large group of posters from many walks in life, at many levels of the industry, that have different standards of business and life. Even with this large group there was sub-groups that thought in a similiar fashion and would naturally migrate to the same threads and have the same opinions. But with the diversity it wasn't as obvious. When this site when pay, you lowered the number of people with differing opinions (a large portion [but not all] of the ones that paid would compromise one of sub-groups mentioned above) there by removing a lot of challenging opinons.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!