box turtle pricing - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 05-23-2005, 09:45 PM   #1
JGARR
box turtle pricing

well ive been searching the classifieds in both kingsnake.com and faunas as well but im wondering what would be good price list for box turtle species when would it be to suspicious.. whether overly priced or signs of a unhealthy animal... I just recently purchased a eastern box from carlos at herpsunlimited and I guess I got lucky at finding a healthy specimen apperantly all wild caughts are sickly in health and this guy is in really good shape already eating earthworms greedily and some some slight shell abrasions but nothing terrible well considering all the species of boxies gulf coast, 3 toed, and easterns (im not interested in ornates they seem more difficult to care for) how much would be the standared price for these species cb or ltc I paid 100 for the eastern I have he is 5 inches long Im after a pair of gulf coast boxies on kingsnake but the adult pair is 750 that to me sounded high while a adult pair of 3 toeds is going for 80 im jst wondering how much I should be paying well thanks the first box turtle I ever bought that was stolen was an eastern that I paid 45 at a petstore and he was also in great shape well hope you can all help
thanks,
Jose Gallegos

Old 05-24-2005, 12:54 AM   #2
Vince
I would say 100 dollars is pretty high. I paid 30 bucks for a huge female eastern less then a month ago. But jose was it 100 with the cost if shipping? if so , you paid a fair price for a heathy box turtle. Three toeds for 750? thats insain. Good luck with your box turtles I hope you do well with them. I just had some florida boxies hatch out over here I am very excited about raiseing these little buggers. heres a pic if you havent checked it out already.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=68806

This part of the site gets ignored mostly leopard gecko people around here. Hope I helped a little.

Old 05-24-2005, 02:37 AM   #3
JGARR
No I ment the gulf coast for 750 a pair appearently the female is gravid the 3 toeds are 80 a pair so im just thinking hmm... are gulf coast the most expensive out of the species by the way Vince its been nearly impossible to find any breeders of any box turtles for me.... so i bought that male from carlos at herpsunlimited after setting up my outdoor enclosure I thought he would be a good choice he had positive inquiry from some people who purchased some animals from him well any way yeah I saw your pics and your so lucky... well thanks for your insights and help,
Jose Gallegos

Old 05-24-2005, 11:15 PM   #4
kyleMiller
The 750 are way high i saw that and was woundering if he was joking. I paid $50 for 2 babies (7months) They arew CB and healthier then ever. I say try LLreptiles.com my friend bought from them and good results.

Good luck on your search. Also try to adopt.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!