A Question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-26-2005, 12:54 AM   #1
dot_s
A Question

Hi everyone --

I'm pretty new to snakes, (I raise/keep salamanders mostly,) but after six months of reading on husbandry, I got my first ball, (an '05 imported male baby) at the last White Plains show.

My cousin is more educated in snakes, and after seeing "Rupert," he says he's a granite. I don't personally know enough about morphs to think of Rupert as anything other than normal, (but learning, thanks to the tons of information I've found through Fauna,) so I figured I'd ask people who know far more than I do about such things. (I apologize for the dark pictures.)

Who's right? My cousin, who thinks he's a granite, or me, thinking he's just a normal?

Thanks!

Old 05-26-2005, 12:58 AM   #2
dot_s
I didn't realize you couldn't see it in the pictures, but he does have speckling in the brown "alien heads" along his sides.

Old 05-26-2005, 04:37 AM   #3
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by dot_s
I didn't realize you couldn't see it in the pictures, but he does have speckling in the brown "alien heads" along his sides.
Dot,

I adjusted the levels a bit for you so the pics could be seen a bit better. I hope that you don't mind.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rupertbelly.jpg (102.4 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg ruperttop.jpg (155.2 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg rupertholding.jpg (135.6 KB, 53 views)

Old 05-26-2005, 01:29 PM   #4
harrellharrell
Sure looks like a granite to me, but the pics make it a little bit of a sketchy guess. Post some brighter ones, and I'm sure someone around here will be able to give you an experts opinion.
Mine is an educated guess since we don't have any, although we're planning on some soon.

Old 05-26-2005, 02:04 PM   #5
dot_s
Thank you, Jim and Anthony.

Here are some better pictures.

Old 05-26-2005, 05:00 PM   #6
harrellharrell
Those are great pics of a great snake, but I don't know if its a granite. You ought to ask Next World Exotics. He'd be the one to ask about that specific morph. I would go out on a limb and say it is not just a normal though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!