Outdoor Enclosure? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-08-2005, 10:44 PM   #1
Drew1220
Talking Outdoor Enclosure?

I was considering buying a big rubbermaid container and lining it with paper towels and getting a big branch for it (After sterilizing it of course) along with some good rocks that will retain heat and setting up in my backyard for the weekends whehn im home, so that way I can set my babies out side and let them enjoy the natural sunlight, you know just tot make them happier..I will of course cover top with some sort of screen or at least keep an eye on it for I dont want a birds to just come by and pick up my beardies..

My question is, does anyone think this is a bad idea? My Beardies are still babies (5-6wks) and I know they can handle the temp and will enjoy it but Im just wondering if I get them on this, will they most likely not like their tank anymore??

Thanks for anyone that has their personal opinion on this.

**UPDATE FOR THOSE WHO KNOW ME HERE**

I have an appointment with a herp vet on sat morn, so they will be getting their first general check up to ensure no parasites and over all health..If Im lucky maybe he can help me try and determine sex, still to young yet though I think..

Old 06-09-2005, 02:05 PM   #2
some_lizard_guy
I would either make or buy an entirely screen enclosure to take outside (try this: http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/...d-accessories/ ). Anything else tends to bake the animal as they retain heat!!! Even with a screen enclosure, be sure to provide at least some shade for them to retreat into when they get too hot... Also be sure to use your digital thermometer with a probe to monitor the temps...
-Drew

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!