Strains of albino - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: Whats the most popular "strain" of albino in Leos?
Bell 21 38.89%
Rainwater 15 27.78%
Tremper 18 33.33%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2005, 01:29 AM   #1
MGReptiles
Strains of albino

Wondering what everyones thoughts are... What is YOUR favorite strain?

Old 06-11-2005, 01:44 AM   #2
Milwaukee Reptiles
Not really a fair question, because it will completely depend on how you define popular. I think a lot of people are kind of going toward Bells, since there hasn't been as much work done with them in the past. Rainwaters were really popular one-two years ago with all the PA stuff... although it's slowly starting to show up more with Bells and trempers now too. So to summarize, trempers are popular with joe general public, but I think Bells are more popular with breeders at this time.

Old 06-11-2005, 01:54 AM   #3
progeckos
I agree with Brian. The trempers were the first albinos so there are by far more of them produced than the others. The bells however are showing the most potential at the moment. Personally I like the look of the bells better so they get my vote.

Old 06-11-2005, 02:29 AM   #4
MGReptiles
Well I am wanting to get back into them AGAIN..lol and I want to focus on one strain of albino. I know the trempers have been around for a long time and seems that they are still selling well. I do like the Bells but they seem to be harder to find, maybe that is a good thing....Thanks for the input....

Old 06-11-2005, 03:06 AM   #5
Spydergotboost
well go with what you like. i am thinking they all will be good sellers as long as the animals look nice, that is the key if the time and effort are there, the animals will follow, and where the animals are the market will surely follow. and in reality i believe in numbers alone Bells are not the lowest produced albinos anymore. i think more people have bells than RW's just from what i have been seeing as of lately

Old 06-11-2005, 03:13 AM   #6
MGReptiles
Wel I like all of them..lol Thats the problem...lol

Old 06-11-2005, 05:20 AM   #7
Spydergotboost
Lightbulb

ok matt this is what you do GET THEM ALL ok problem solved

Old 06-11-2005, 09:50 AM   #8
A_Kendergirl
I agree with the first couple of posters. Joe Shmoe likes the Trempers cuz they are everywhere and cheap, and Bells seem very popular with breeders...

What a more appropriate poll would have been is what is YOUR favorite albino? In that case, I would have voted Rainwater/Vegas.

Old 06-11-2005, 10:56 AM   #9
diablohogs
yeah i read it as "whats your favorite..." and voted trempers.

i have yet to see a bell albino that takes my breath away but i guess people love them because of thier supposed potential.

Old 06-11-2005, 11:09 AM   #10
Jeremy Letkey
Right now my favorite are the Rainwaters/ Vegas. Give it another week or two when I start hatching out some Bell Hybinos and it may change? LOL

For the general resale point of it I would say that trempers are the most widely known. They have some of the best color variety available and the market for them is very competitive because of the sheer amounts available.

If you are personally looking for a project to work with for the long term I would suggest Rainwaters or Bells. I find it more gratifying to work with the animals for a few generations and produce the best animals that I can.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!