how long for gecko to reach 55g - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-27-2005, 06:30 AM   #1
underrated831
how long for gecko to reach 55g

i was thinking of breeding geckos cuz i bred bearded dragons. i dont have much money so i was wondering:

1 where would the cheapest place to buy tangerine geckos would be from?

2and say i buy a juvenile since theyre cheaper how long would it take for them to get to the breeding weight which ibelieve is 55 grams? thanks in advance.

Old 07-27-2005, 08:39 AM   #2
Xavier
Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated831
i was thinking of breeding geckos cuz i bred bearded dragons. i dont have much money so i was wondering:

1 where would the cheapest place to buy tangerine geckos would be from?

2and say i buy a juvenile since theyre cheaper how long would it take for them to get to the breeding weight which ibelieve is 55 grams? thanks in advance.
Hi,
Prices vary some have prices much cheaper than others, buying from a well known ruptable breeder typically cost more and ofcourse the amount of orange and spotts on the tang will reflect the price as well. As fas as growth goes that all depends of hows its kept, fed and its bloodline, I have a female that only 5.5 months old yet she is already 72 grams well over the recommanded amount of 55 grams yet she is way too young IMO (and many would agree I'm sure) to breed. I personally like to wait till they are 10-12 months old even if they have already surpassed 55 grams and if they haven't I'd wait longer.
Xavier
PM if your interested in Tangs I have some nice females in the 30-40 gram range which range from 3-4 months old.

Old 07-27-2005, 10:30 AM   #3
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier
PM if your interested in Tangs I have some nice females in the 30-40 gram range which range from 3-4 months old.
I'm curious. Can you tell me why you would sell your geckos to anyone that admitts to the following?

A) Not having much money.

B) Looking for the cheapest outlet to purchase.

C) Wants to breed at 55 grams.

Again I'm just curious. Personally I would have recommended a good book -or- a page link to proper care, setup, equipment, and breeding...before making any kind of solicitation.

Old 07-27-2005, 11:24 AM   #4
brucestephenson
Do not answer Xavier, unless Critical Bill wants to take it to the BOI or Hell.

Old 07-27-2005, 12:08 PM   #5
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucestephenson
Do not answer Xavier, unless Critical Bill wants to take it to the BOI or Hell.
Heh heh....that really wasnt my angle. I think I know the an$wer$ to my que$tion$.

Old 07-27-2005, 12:34 PM   #6
Milwaukee Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
C) Wants to breed at 55 grams.
What's wrong with 55 grams? Especially for a male. Sure the bigger the better, but some of those people on KS talk about 35-40 grams...

Personally I think anything over 50 is ok as long as they're watched carefully and given all the extra calcium and nutrients they need... but maybe that's just me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!