Laura Cox - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 08-02-2005, 04:01 PM   #1
Laura Fopiano
Wink Laura Cox

Born and raised in Orange County California and have never lived more than 20 miles form my birth place. I started cathcing and collecting critter's at the ripe old age of 6, however, my mother would not let me keep any until I was about 9, when my grandmother bought me my first lizards, a pair of anoles. (my mom was sorry she ever allowed those first 2)
The neighborhood kids would give me old fish tanks so my collection of critters could grow. My mom was a student at CSFU and would go out on archaeological digs in the Mojave, and would bring me back wonderful things, mostly horned lizards, whip tails, gecko's and blue bellies.
Back in the mid to late 60's, we didn't know much about caring properly for all of my pets, a window sill in the after noon for sunlight, and a 100 watt lightbulb for heat. Of course my critters would get loose on occasion, and I would hear a frantic "Laura Lynn" coming from my parents bedroom, where a large male blue belly was hanging from my mothers curtain. When I retrieved it I kissed it (like I do all of my herps) and he bit me on the lip. You guys should have seen my father trying to pry that adult male blue belly off of my bottom lip. LOL
My folks divorced in 1974 and I found a new love, cross tops, PCP, LSD, and a wide range of those wonderful 70's forget the pain narcotics. IN 1978, I bought my first import, a Jackson chameleon named Sigmund. When Siggy died, I left the industry in search of what ever?? Got married, got divorced, married again, and had a set of twins, that are now the most beautiful young woman ever.
I got clean and sober in 1988, and am proud to say that I haven't touched a drink or a drug for almost 17 years now. Since I got clean, I went to colledge, got a divorce, again, and remarried. It takes a very special person to put up with my eccentric behavior and he's the one. 6 years ago I got back into herps, Jacksons, veild's uro's, leo's, ackie's, dragons, crestie's, carpet's, corn's, king's, gopher's, ball python's, and my true love, boa's, especially morphs!! I have been the President of Southern California Herpetology Association for the last 3 years and will be retiring in November to focus more on breeding, shows and making my reptile jewelry. I don't know how to post pics, so if someone want to email my than you're welcome to post it for me (Haven't got the computer thing down yet, and I don't own a cell phone) Guess I'm still trapped in the 70's to some degree!!

Old 08-15-2007, 07:30 AM   #2
Birdsss
Jackson's Chameleon

Hello,

Do you know anyone who can or is willing to ship the Jackson's Chameleon to Australia? It's the only species they will allow into the Country with an import licence

Cheers
Lisa

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!