Inquiry: Captive Born Reptiles-out of Ohio - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-17-2005, 01:20 AM   #1
Rockford
Inquiry: Captive Born Reptiles-out of Ohio

Any info would be appreciated on Captive Born Reptiles......... They are out of Columbus, Ohio.

Thanks-

Brett

Old 08-17-2005, 05:27 AM   #2
DAND
Do you have a person's name? I know a lot of the people in the business / hobby here (Ohio) and the name sounds familiar.

Old 08-17-2005, 06:21 AM   #3
Rockford
Nope no name given on their website. It's a little to early to call them and ask the owner's name but they have two shops both in Columbus.

Old 08-17-2005, 08:58 AM   #4
gila7150
I inquired about some snakes they were selling recently but we never got to do business (they were sold out already.)
It appears that they have two retail stores in Ohio. They're website is:
http://www.captivebornreptiles.com/2005/default.aspx

The owners name is Terry Wilkins but I only talked to his wife. Unfortunately, I can't say anything good or bad about his business because we only exchanged a couple emails.
Good luck,

Old 08-17-2005, 10:26 AM   #5
mmfrankford
They have one retail store in the shopping center on th ecorner of Morse Rd. and Maize Rd. They moved out of the Morse/Cleveland Ave store.
I say go check out the shop. That should help you make up your mind.
As for myself I absolutely refuse to purchase anything from them. Horrible conditions. The store reaks of soiled bedding and rodents. The poor 3 and 4 foot alligators are placed in dirty 2 " water in 20 or 30 gallon tanks, they can't even turn around and no heat source. The large pythons have large piles of poop in thier cages and wet soiled bedding. The last time I was there I saw a monitor with bad looking unshed skin hanging dangerously on it's heat lamp. Haven't yet seen it yet at the new location, but I've seen dead animals in cages and infested animals at the old location. Also the one time I actually thought of buying crickets, I happen to see the container they were being kept in. Bad moldy fruits and vegetables. I'm simply disgusted by this shop, the problem is the humane society will do nothing about the neglect. As a side note, what is aggravating is the general public
(news,etc.) always seems to go to Terry as the "reptile" expert. Not right.
Sorry for the long rant. I just hate seeing all those animals being neglected
and nothing to do to stop it. Of course you don't have to go by my word, just take a trip to the store.

Old 08-18-2005, 12:07 AM   #6
ChuUtena
I agree with Melissa. I work at a local pet store, and I can't tell you the number of times I've had customers come in and tell us that "the people at captive born told us this, so they must be right cause they only sell reptiles" I honestly had a family that was told that turtles don't need any source of heat, it's Ohio, it's not like we're down south where it's nice and warm. The store is stinky and generally pretty dirty and I'm just not impressed. But I do know of people and customers that swear by them. But, not me.

Old 08-18-2005, 04:43 AM   #7
Rockford
Okay thanks.....I think that is enough for me. Much appreciated.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!