what is this egg! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-19-2005, 09:25 PM   #1
ilovesnakes
Question what is this egg!

hi,iu have discovered two small eggs they lokk fertile and very tough ,but i don't know what they are i live in a very rural area of florida and i am guessing it is a ringneck.i also shined the light at the egg and i saw a small black object with to tiny eyes i have started incubating them.by the way they were found in this small palm.please repy!

rusty,s

Old 09-20-2005, 05:04 PM   #2
Tears_and_Fangs
You need a better description of the eggs....a picture would be better in your case. Good luck with them tho....

Old 12-04-2005, 02:28 PM   #3
ilovesnakes
Talking

well, they are not snake eggs they seem to be house geckos

Old 12-06-2005, 07:07 AM   #4
crotalusadamanteus
Personally, I don't get why you would take a wild clutch of eggs, and remove them from the wild. Especially if you cannot identify them.
You'll grab the wrong eggs one day, and find out the hard way how tough the law can be when it comes to messing with an endangered species.

Totally irresponsible, and lacking in propriety for what most of us are trying to achieve.

My $0.025

Rick

Old 12-06-2005, 07:37 AM   #5
crotalusadamanteus
Maybe I came off a little harsh. Try to see it like this. You do not know what they are, so how could you possibly know the right care for them during the incubation process? What temps? what humidity? Some reptile eggs do not get turned over by their mother. Did you put them "exactly" in the possition you found them in? With the correct side up?
In your mind, you are curious, and wanting to know, but inadvertantly, you may just kill them off because of not knowing the right thing to do. Too often human interference with wildlife goes awry, even with the best of intentions as a motivator. This in the long run upsets the balance of things. You are in Florida, where the balance is pretty screwed up as it is. And again, because of us humans.
I have kept wild caught species of reptiles before. This I admit. But all the specimens I have kept were for learning purposes, and ALL were returned to the area they were found later on. I have never disturbed an egg in the wild. I will mark the area, and return frequently to observe, and hopefully catch the hatching. This would be My suggestion to you on this subject.
Not only will this give them a "natural" chance of success, it will prevent you from "possibly" getting a hold of something that will have legal ramifications. These legal issues will not only affect You immediately, they will affect other herpers in the long run. From what I have read, and heard, Florida is bad enough already when it comes to the game officials.
Don't mean to harp on you, but I am a rehaber, and things like this are very serious to me.

Ciao,
Rick

Old 12-09-2005, 09:36 PM   #6
ilovesnakes
Angry

first of all i know how to take care of house geckos and second,there from back yard!

Old 12-09-2005, 10:14 PM   #7
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovesnakes
hi,iu have discovered two small eggs they lokk fertile and very tough ,but i don't know what they are i live in a very rural area of florida and i am guessing it is a ringneck. rusty,s
Here, I bolded the part of where you said you did not even know what they are. Here it is again..................
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovesnakes
but i don't know what they are
That is you correct?
I have to stand by what I said. Irresponsible and lacking in propriety. At least make sure you know what you are messing with BEFORE messing with it. It's a good plan all around.

Rick

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!