The *HELL* Forum changeover - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-17-2005, 11:33 PM   #1
WebSlave
Arrow The *HELL* Forum changeover

My inclination was to just delete the HELL forum completely, but several people have commented where they somehow found the nature of HELL to be much to their liking. As such, they have requested that it be an optionally accessible forum for a fee to anyone really interested in being in that sort of environment. At first, I was going to just reject this proposal out of hand and be done with it, but at second thought I figured, "heck, why not?" Some people value entertainment over most everything, so perhaps that is what people wish in the HELL forum. It's not my cup of tea, but I guess I shouldn't judge everything by my own personal yardstick.

The HELL forum is now set up (if I did it correctly) where none of the threads are visible to anyone at all. In order to gain access, a member must do a paid subscription plan in order to become a member of the member group which has full access to that forum. By "full access" I mean that all read and write capabilities, including starting a new thread, replying to threads, posting polls, etc. are completely enabled to that membership. NO ONE ELSE CAN EVEN READ THOSE THREADS NOR POSTS WITHIN THAT FORUM ANY LONGER.

This way I can truly enforce who goes in there and who does not. By paying the membership fee, someone explicitly desires to go into that environment, and is solely responsible for their own decision to do so. Personally, I really don't want it accessible to anyone who doesn't specifically desire strongly to be there. If someone wants to pay the fee ($10 per year) for what they can do in HELL, then have at it. The moderators will be put on notice that the HELL forum is to be COMPLETELY unmoderated. My recommendation would be for them to not even go there, much less participate, as it has proven in the past to not be a very nice place to visit.

So, nicolai, you have gotten what you have asked for, I think. If this flops and no one is willing to pay for access, then I will feel that I have done the best I can do, and will consider the HELL forum as dead and buried. There is no other option I am willing to consider at this point for the final disposition of that particular forum.

As in the other paid memberships, you can access it through the Paid Subscription options in your User CP drop down menu. It will be Option G

May the force be with you in there..........

Old 10-18-2005, 08:14 PM   #2
tai_pan1
Your kidding right.

Old 10-18-2005, 09:13 PM   #3
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by tai_pan1
Your kidding right.
Nope, not at all. I would prefer to just shut it down completely. This is possibly the next best thing. I don't expect very many people to pay for access. Matter of fact, I really could not care less one way or the other. Now, at least, no one can say I didn't give everyone the option to keep it, if they want it bad enough.

Old 10-18-2005, 09:49 PM   #4
nicolai
I have already paid for it!!!!! I feel it is worth it!!!!!!

Old 10-18-2005, 10:00 PM   #5
WebSlave
I made some changes in the way the HELL forum is made visible to everyone. Anyone who is not a paid subscriber can only read the single thread I have posed in it stating the reasons behind what I have done and a link to the Paid Subscription page. Once a person pays for the subscription and becomes a member of that forum, then ALL threads as well as all access privileges will be granted.

Hopefully this makes it a little bit cleaner looking and not so confusing with that oddball "Link to classifieds" message.

Old 10-27-2005, 03:47 PM   #6
devenomized
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
As in the other paid memberships, you can access it through the Paid Subscription options in your User CP drop down menu. It will be Option G

May the force be with you in there..........
Option G. I didn't realize there were that many subscription options to pay for. I'm glad is a paid subscription because I have a very good excuse not to participate in what I consider a total waste of my personal time. I have replied to posts in the HELL forum prior to the hike and I only responded to allegations. I found it sometimes a little entertaining, but rarely educating and I just don't find any benefits for participating in the HELL forum since in my opinion it leaves no constructive criticism specially now that it's a paid subscription. I would much rather pay $10 to join Option H which one day might be the "Plants and Flora Classifieds".

The benefits of this online community outweighs the minor imperfections that some members might encounter and although I feel that charging for all these options might not be the best route to maintain its membership, I am still an active member and I hope the success of this website continues as it has been for this long or at least until my yearly paid subscrition (option ??) expires.

Best Regards,

Old 10-27-2005, 04:58 PM   #7
WebSlave
I suspect this site will be here long after you are but a long forgotten memory.

As for the HELL forum fee, it will hopefully accomplish exactly what I want it to do. Give a place to the people who really want such a thing, yet keep it strictly isolated from the rest of this site. NO one can even view it without specifically and purposely wanting to. If people want it and it gets used by them, then fine. If not, then I have accomplished what I had originally wanted to do anyway: took it off of this site for all intents and purposes. No one at all needs to go in there at all, so if you feel you need an unmoderated forum on this site, it is there if you want it bad enough. If not, then really, it is no skin off of my butt whatsoever.

Yeah there are some threads in there that I really should have viewable to the general membership, but I had to make that sacrifice, and did so.

Old 10-27-2005, 05:19 PM   #8
nicolai
I think its turning out great!!!!!!!!

I think this Idea is turning out great!!!! We have quite a few people there now and having lots of fun. I was very surprised at how quickly people joined as well as WHO joined. To all those people that said "nobody will pay for that", well you were wrong very wrong!!!! The freedoms to say what you want and about who you want and to tell some of the funniest jokes i ever heard and just relax and laugh for a while every night is more then worth 10.00 a year. As what happens in hell stays in hell so i cant talk about it, All I can say is that It is loads of fun and a great way to vent and relieve the stress of the day.
To all of you that think that hell was bad for the forums then by all means dont join because it wont be your cup of tea, because you just might get offended by what you see and read in there!! But to the people that want the true freedom of speech and need to unload then HELL might just be the place for you!!

Mounted on his steed ever so high.......fearless, corageous, through the echoes of time....we thank the masked man....for all that he has done.....for with out him with us...evil would have surely overcome.

Old 10-27-2005, 05:22 PM   #9
Dennis1
quick question concerning hell
Would it be against the rules if say joe schmo posted a link to a thread there on another forum?

Old 10-27-2005, 05:25 PM   #10
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis1
quick question concerning hell
Would it be against the rules if say joe schmo posted a link to a thread there on another forum?
It wouldn't do anyone any good to follow the link to that thread in HELL, because they couldn't read it unless they were a member of that forum.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!