Indigos Forever - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-12-2005, 01:51 PM   #1
thesnakeman
Exclamation Indigos Forever

Everyone,
I have an idea. I ask for your consideration and support. At the very least, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I'm starting something called Indigos Forever. A non- profit organization for the conservation, of drymarchon couperi. At the start, it will only be money that each breeder pledges to donate, from the proceeds of all couperi sales. That money will be pooled, along with any additional funds we can raise, and at some point, hopefully, work directly with The Nature Conservancy to search out, purchase, connect, and protect wild land for habitat, {specifically} for this species.

So on that note, I make the following pledge;
I will donate, from this day forward, at least $200 from the sale of each captive bred indigo snake, to Indigos forever. I invite, and I challenge all who care about this species, to unite for this purpose. If each breeder will do the same, we can accomplish great things for this species. I further pledge that in order to be president, all you have to do, is donate more than myself! Or we can adopt standard democratic procedures. It's up to all those who join.

As this organization grows, and develops, and it will,...we can do more. Much more. We can build a captive DNA database, and severely limit the ability of poachers to sell wild caught animals. We can create a streamlined computer data base system, or website where breeders and biologists can voluntarily donate as much information as they want, about the drymarchon that they work with. This would provide a common link between government officials, breeders, biologists, schools, herpetologists, and all interested parties. We can begin a program to educate people, and find other ways to preserve these animals both in the wild, and in captivity.

We must begin somewhere. I'm beginning here. We can do this. If you will help me, we can do this well.

As we all know, habitat is disapeering at an alarming rate. As for the captive population, we must get a handle on the gene pool. These problems must be addressed. And the sooner we do so, the better. Please join me in the process of fixing these problems.Thank-you. Sincerely,
Anthony Carlisle.

Old 04-21-2006, 10:57 AM   #2
Blackroses
Do you have any indigos for sale?

Old 04-21-2006, 11:30 AM   #3
epidemic
Indigo availability

Hello, Holly,

Indigos do not produce large clutches and the few that become available each year are often spoken for well in advance. You may wish to contact several breeders, regarding your interest to acquire specimens, and ask to have your name amended to their waiting list.
For a list of individuals breeding indigos, you may wish to review the breeders list at www.indigosnakes.com

Good luck,

Jeff

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!