your setup - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-18-2006, 08:39 PM   #1
hediki
your setup

hey there i would just like to see your setups im nt realy looking for nothing too fancy just hides and beding and maybe some extras. and please state your viv size. thanks

Old 01-18-2006, 10:40 PM   #2
LadyOhh
Most of the people on this forum are breeders, and have rack systems. If you have specific questions about what to use, I can help you, but my setups are much different than the average home with one BP.

Old 01-18-2006, 10:43 PM   #3
Bella17
Talking

Heres the tanks, they might be too fancy if your looking into more then one or two.. or 3 balls.... but these werent to hard to set up. Worst that could happen is you may get an idea off these.. most people use Rubbermaide tubs and rack systems....those work very well too.
First one is a 20gal short i think the call it.. because its not a tall tank... substrate is cypresmulch, two hides but lots of places to hide. Working on the lid, right now use a CHE and a Heat bulb, and heating pad. Keeps the tank at about 90 on hot side, 74-77 on cool side. Humidity-55-60
Second Was my cousins, we had to 10 gal tanks one on topof the other, small crack and held tightly together (used what we had, with the space she had) One hide, which we added another on the upper shelf, used sheet vinyl for bedding, easy to wippe off and re-use. Heat bulb on top kept tank at 90 on top, and 78 on bottom, also had a UTH on the bottom. humidity- 55
Third tank is my snakes hide away, hes under a T.V. stand we rarely use. Its about equiv to a 30 gall id say.. little shorter but makes up for it in depth. we built it, used Flexwatt tape under the sheet vinyl and a pucklight on top, keeps one side at 90-95 and other side 74-76. stick water bowl two hides.. yada yada.. Humidity-50-60 Oh and my snake was going into shed in the bottom pic, so i have that plastic tub in there for a humid hide, which was about 75-80 in that little spot.

Hope that helps some??

Michelle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg benstank1.JPG (41.5 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg britstank1.JPG (53.8 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg shelstank1.JPG (51.1 KB, 87 views)

Old 01-19-2006, 01:23 PM   #4
tstrenuous10
WOW those are some nice setups. They all look really good. How did you make the one on right?

I have just a 20 gallon long tank. I found a "snake kit" from petco. Came with a large log for a hide and a large water dish which my ball seems to like. He uses the small hide i have for him right now since he isnt too large and it makes him feel safer i guess but I had that one from my first tank so I just put it in there.

Old 01-19-2006, 02:20 PM   #5
Bella17
The one on the right.. hmm.. well my pics show vertically.. so maybe your talking about the tv one? we Lined the whole thing with plexi glass, siliconed the crackes, for the bottom piece of plexi, we put one layer, then maybe 1/4 inch sepereaters, and set anothe piece on top .. so there was space for the Flex watt tape to sit between. WE screwed in 3 puck lights but found we only need to use one. so we had alot of wiring in there, but we used a staple gun, and securly stappled the wires and such to the ceiling and silconed the staples so they didnt rust, or snag him. He uses both hides, the box and the mushroom. after that we jsut added general stuff to it.. my dad helped me pop out the front flaoting pannels to the doors, and replaced them with plexi glass.. and siliconed those in... if you arnt talking about that cage.. then the rest were jsut tanks really..
Michelle

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!