My son decided - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-23-2006, 11:26 PM   #1
CathyB
My son decided

Well, we went back to the ma and pa store in hopes that the person working tonight would not be afraid and more knowledgeable about lizards and she was. She has many of them at her home and LOVES them. We looked at many different kinds. She was very patient with my son and the correct info kept flowing. We first looked at the Leos. They were really afraid and hard to handle. Cute and healthy looking, just not sociable yet. Then we looked at an armadillo lizard. Forget him, she could not even catch it without great effort. Then we looked at the Chinese water dragons. My son was still taken by them. She took one out with very little effort and handed it to my son. She then explained tons of info about them and the whole time the dragon just chilled out on my sons hand! Then he walked through the whole pet store carrying him. We asked out cage size and she was correct. We asked how much they eat and the cost of feeding one. We came to about $20 a week give or take. She made a comment that the 20 we have would be fine for like 6-9 months. So we asked my son what he wanted. So we are now the owners of a Chinese water dragon named Aniekn! I am of course an anxious new mother now checking on him every 30 minutes and doing tons of research on line. Wish us both luck!

Old 02-23-2006, 11:30 PM   #2
brandy101010
congrats!

Old 02-24-2006, 12:59 AM   #3
The NY Gecko
good luck and i hope he/she gets to good old age. dragons' are very cool animals and can be very laid back. all the pet stores aorund me havea few adults and hatchlings at any given time and sometimes i like to go just to see them ^_^.

Old 02-24-2006, 11:33 AM   #4
groovygeckos
Neat, Ive always liked Dragons (of any type), let us know how it goes.

Old 02-24-2006, 12:18 PM   #5
techgirl
congrats on the new family member. may your son and his new friend get along and be together for many years.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!