Pokies man gotta love em - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Insects and Arachnids > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Insects and Arachnids.

Old 02-25-2006, 03:04 AM   #1
John Apple
Pokies man gotta love em

Yeah I know Poecilotheria are pretty neet as far as colors go and this thread might just be a brag but I have had for a few weeks now.....drum roll......metallica, sp. tigris and miranda. I can not wait till they grow as they are all in a shed.
I have been getting into more 'tree' spiders instead of ground spiders cept of course the odd specie such as vitalius and cyriocosmus.
Basically I was wondering what the readers and posters [yeah I know] are into, curiosity man

Old 02-25-2006, 11:49 AM   #2
coyote
Thumbs up

I agree with you. They are exquisitely pretty but the prices blow my budget away. Ah, my paycheck for a Gooty Sapphire!

Old 02-25-2006, 01:54 PM   #3
John Apple
Ahhhh the Gooty...yeah I got three of them and three of the tigris , miranda looking to get three of all poecilotheria species and see if I get pairs to breed.
Neet T's man but some reports have said the bite is worse than most so I suppose handling is out , as far as that goes I handle none of my T's .I would not want an elephant picking me up

Old 02-25-2006, 09:57 PM   #4
coyote
After spending the money on the spider, I would not want to have it escape.

Old 02-26-2006, 11:22 AM   #5
John Apple
Yeah they do cost a mint , but luckily I got mine in a trade.

Old 02-26-2006, 01:15 PM   #6
KelliH
You're lucky John! I really dig Pokes also. I used to have a pretty nice collection of them and other T's, but I had to sell them all :-(
I've never seen P. metallica or tigris in person, I bet they are gorgeous! I raised some P. miranda and they were awesome looking as they grew. I am sort of starting over with T's now; I have 4 A. pupurea, a versicolor and a blondi sling.

Old 02-27-2006, 09:26 AM   #7
John Apple
Hey Kelli
Just keep collecting and I am sure you will have something to trade for these expensive little buggers.
Man I tell ya I can not wait for them to get bigger or shed so I can ACCURATELY sex the babies and grow them accordingly.
Now I am wanting 3 subfusca, if I can ever help ya lemmee know

Old 03-10-2006, 01:43 PM   #8
John Apple
They are all shedding and the little P.m.'s are starting to look greyish - blue...neet I tell ya neet. Kind of funny that the tigris seem leggier than the others.

Old 04-05-2006, 08:22 PM   #9
cryptly
You have a P. metallica and P. miranda! I'm now turning green with envy. I'm not much of a treespider person, but I would make an exception for those two.

I've mostly got ground dwelling Africans and itchy Brachypelma species. I do have a couple tree dwellers. A. versicolor, A. purpurea and Avic Avic, and H. maculata.

I would sell internal organs to have a pair of Encyocratella olivacea.

Old 04-06-2006, 07:01 AM   #10
John Apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptly
You have a P. metallica and P. miranda! I'm now turning green with envy. I'm not much of a treespider person, but I would make an exception for those two.

I've mostly got ground dwelling Africans and itchy Brachypelma species. I do have a couple tree dwellers. A. versicolor, A. purpurea and Avic Avic, and H. maculata.

I would sell internal organs to have a pair of Encyocratella olivacea.
Who wouldn't man, But hey Kris I also have a half dozen Sp 'tigris'

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!