ARS Racks - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 03-28-2006, 10:48 AM   #1
jglass38
ARS Racks

Has anyone purchased the new ARS Racks yet? They look awesome and American Rodent has a good rep as far as rodents but I would like to know if anyone knows anything about the racks before I make a purchase. Thanks!

Jamie

Old 03-30-2006, 11:39 AM   #2
MGReptiles
I have actually never seen them.. Link?

Old 03-30-2006, 11:46 AM   #3
jglass38
www.arscaging.com . From what Brian at ARS (American Rodent Supply) tells me is that they got into the rack business mid last year. The design is based on (from what I can tell) Freedom Breeder and Kreature Keeper. The product looks awesome online and I just ordered a rack yesterday so Ill post a full review when I get it. He gave me a reference to call and this guy has both Freedom and ARS and said the ARS is better quality.

Old 03-30-2006, 11:53 AM   #4
Bill & Amy
I was just looking at those racks thru another thread link. It looks like they are setup just like a Freedom Breeder, but they don't have as much of an "open air" design.

Old 03-30-2006, 01:39 PM   #5
jglass38
Yup. And the reason I like that is because my snake room is a bit low on humidity. Complete open air would not be to my snakes benefit.

Old 03-30-2006, 04:23 PM   #6
shrap
Keep us informed Jamie. When I was looking at them a while back I was concerned with how it *appears* the heating is set up on them. It looks like from their pictures that the flexwatt is running the full length of each tub, right down the middle of where the tub will be placed. Kinda hard to get a decent temp gradient that way. I may be looking at the pics wrong, but it sure looks that way to me.

I have emailed and left messages with Brian on his voice mail but have never gotten a reply to my question, so hopefully you can answer it once you get yours.

Old 03-30-2006, 04:37 PM   #7
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Keep us informed Jamie. When I was looking at them a while back I was concerned with how it *appears* the heating is set up on them. It looks like from their pictures that the flexwatt is running the full length of each tub, right down the middle of where the tub will be placed. Kinda hard to get a decent temp gradient that way. I may be looking at the pics wrong, but it sure looks that way to me.

I have emailed and left messages with Brian on his voice mail but have never gotten a reply to my question, so hopefully you can answer it once you get yours.
Will do! To me it looks like it runs width wise across each level on the back 1/3 of the tub. He uses 4" flexwatt so the temp gradient should be excellent. The back 8" or so of the tub will be heated. Brian has been really good about getting back to me and in fact spent a half hour on the phone answering questions and even gave me a reference of someone who has bought them. The reference gave a glowing recommendation and even already owned a Freedom Breeder rack and made it clear that the ARS rack was superior in his mind. That said, the proof is in the pudding. When it came down to it, Freedom Breeder was just too expensive to ship from CA to NJ and the people from Kreature Keeper did not get back to me quickly enough (and when they did, the pricing was more than even FB). I paid for it today and he is shipping today or tomorrow via Greyhound and I will have it in my grubby hands on Saturday or Sunday!

Old 03-30-2006, 06:04 PM   #8
shrap
Sweet Jamie.

Brian is a good guy, we have talked several times over the years here at the Indy Reptile Show and on the phone and in email. This was back around X-mas when I was trying to contact him so the holidays probably played a part in not getting a hold of him.

Saving on shipping by picking up locally is certainly a plus. Guess I need to get off my backside and hit the April show and get a good look at these in person. Can't wait to hear what you think of them!!

Old 03-30-2006, 06:29 PM   #9
PaulSage
I don't have any of them, but I have seen them at another breeder's place. They were quite impressive (build quality, finish, etc.). He was keeping ball pythons in them and seemed pleased with them. I think the heat was across the back 1/3 of the tub, but I don't remember 100% ...I was too busy checking out the snakes. lol

Old 03-30-2006, 07:10 PM   #10
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Sweet Jamie.

Brian is a good guy, we have talked several times over the years here at the Indy Reptile Show and on the phone and in email. This was back around X-mas when I was trying to contact him so the holidays probably played a part in not getting a hold of him.

Saving on shipping by picking up locally is certainly a plus. Guess I need to get off my backside and hit the April show and get a good look at these in person. Can't wait to hear what you think of them!!
You can count on a full review with pictures this weekend sometime (assuming it arrives as expected). Im psyched!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!