tree frogs, toads, anoles, geckos - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Flora > Flora General Discussions

Notices

Flora General Discussions This will cover anything and everything you all wish to discuss about plants.

Old 03-29-2006, 07:02 AM   #1
Lucille
tree frogs, toads, anoles, geckos

These are the four types of reptiles I see most outside. The tree frogs just established themselves well this last year.
My neighbors do not have very 'reptile friendly' yards but I think my garden lends itself to homes for these little critters.
What kind of reptiles do y'all have outside?

Old 03-29-2006, 01:27 PM   #2
PaulSage
I don't see very many herps at all around here any more. The last snake I've seen was a garter out in the woods back in 1997. Actually, the only snakes I've ever seen in the wild here have been garters. Even though there's plenty of vegetation around my house, I don't believe I've seen even a toad in my yard in the 6 1/2 years that I've lived here. Back home on the farm though, our koi pond is over-run by toads and leopard frogs that go there to breed. They seem to alternate--one year the toads get the pond, and the next year the leopard frogs get it. We did have a resident snapping turtle that lived in the drainage ditch along the field for a few years though. He was HUGE. Up north at our cabin, we see a lot of western painted turtles, toads, leopard frogs, bullfrogs and the occasional newt/salamander. Their populations seem to have been declining in recent years though. I wish I could just step outside and see anoles and geckos running around like y'all do down south. That would be awesome.

Old 03-30-2006, 04:59 PM   #3
dragonflyreptiles
We have a lot of garters, copper heads, frogs and turtles but we ahve 6 acres and 5 of it is woods and a medium creek running through the back of the property.

Last summer we had one of those cheap plastic swimming pools out back that was kinda small so we got a bigger one and put it in the front, I remembered a few weeks later that I forgot to dump the little one out back and it was full of tadpoles so I drug it to the edge of the weeds and just left it til winter then dumped it.

Old 03-30-2006, 05:01 PM   #4
dragonflyreptiles
oh and we have some little skink thing that is black and blue striped that run around too lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!