Your Favorite Reptile Movie - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 05-05-2006, 06:49 PM   #1
Junkyard
Your Favorite Reptile Movie

What is your favorite movie featuring reptiles? Now, this does not need to be a movie you actually like, maybe even a title you found to not match the reptile portrayed in the movie. For example; Silent Predators- a movie about rattlesnakes, of course they made noise before they ever bit anyone.

Old 05-05-2006, 07:30 PM   #2
SIRS
the movie that come to my mind was actually on tv i think it was sssnake it is a old school movie where the guy actually turns into a cobra i believe,haven't seen it in some time but when i read this thread that movie popped in my head any one ever see it?

Old 05-05-2006, 08:34 PM   #3
Junkyard
That movie was release in 1973 it was titled SSSSSSS aka "SSSSnake" in the UK.

Old 05-05-2006, 09:00 PM   #4
darkbloodwyvern
well, i am certainly looking forward to "snakes on a plane" with Samuel L. Jackson.
My favorite snake movie was riki tiki tavi, but that was mostly for the animation. Al the movies i can think of right now all portray herps as bad, including a recent kid's movie called "Holes," in which lame CGI'd bearded dragons are supposedly the most evil thing ever. I just couldn't take the drama of it too seriously, especially since i saw it after playing with my friend's beardies. It kind of ticked me off that they seem to use herps a lot to scare people and make them fear them more.

I generally prefer animal documentaries when it comes to reptile movies, but i may have to see snakes on a plane because it looks so silly.

Old 05-05-2006, 09:25 PM   #5
Mike Greathouse
Lake Placid gets my vote.

Old 05-05-2006, 09:32 PM   #6
Junkyard
Lake Placid, that one was great, especially at the very end with the old lady feeding all the babies. well, maybe the part were they fed off the cow, that was cool too.

Old 05-06-2006, 11:53 AM   #7
Rebel Dragons
I thought Anaconda was an alright movie.

Old 05-08-2006, 07:15 PM   #8
crotalusadamanteus
Riki Tiki Tavi.........Didn't think you were old enough to remember that one. LOL Haven't seen that one in a LOONNGG time.
Lake Placid was pretty cool. Defenitely the cow feeding part. Anaconda was OK too, but a little too fake looking IMO. But the one that made Me laugh the most (at the rediculous portrayals) was Boa vs. Python, or vice versa. SSSuper SSSnakes. Trained even........LOL I especially liked it when they bred at the end. Wonder what a super Boa and Super Python would make??

Rick

Old 05-08-2006, 08:01 PM   #9
darkbloodwyvern
hee, lake placid was pretty good. I liked the old lady, I loved how nonchalant she was telling them about how it ate her husband. i was sad when they killed the momma, she was pretty cool.
I saw Riki Tiki Tavi when i was like five or so, but I've seen it and other movies by the same animator more recently. Anaconda was just too fake for me. The idea of a snake wanting to barf up it's meal just to eat it again was hilarious though! I haven't been able to teach any of my snakes to do that yet....

Old 05-09-2006, 10:24 AM   #10
homegrownherps
Theres a bunch , but I would have to pick Sssssss.
Theres a few other pretty good ones too;

Curse of the Komodo
Snake Island

I prefer the older movies, at least they used real snakes.

And then theres (not a reptile movie - but a good one)
Food of the Gods

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!