Tangerine Carrot-tail Designer (Florida strain)??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-15-2006, 02:39 PM   #1
Ian S.
Tangerine Carrot-tail Designer (Florida strain)???

I saw this on Ron Trempers sight and was quite confused. Ive never heard of a Florida strain hypo. I know that the Bell strain is (AKA) the Florida strain. Is there any other insight as to what he is referring to?

Old 05-15-2006, 05:42 PM   #2
KelliH
He's referring to Gourmet Rodent I believe.

Old 05-15-2006, 07:42 PM   #3
Ian S.
Cool!! Gormet Rodent has their own strain of hypo??

Old 05-15-2006, 07:48 PM   #4
Xavier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian S.
Cool!! Gormet Rodent has their own strain of hypo??
I think Ron was just stating where he's hypos orginate from yet not stating they are different than all the other hypos out there.

Old 05-15-2006, 08:00 PM   #5
The NY Gecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier
I think Ron was just stating where he's hypos orginate from yet not stating they are different than all the other hypos out there.
so then what YOUR saying is that its another one of his crazy marketing schemes? If you are then i personally agree. however i am tempted at a CH/CT ST Albino that he has for 150.

Old 05-16-2006, 12:41 PM   #6
Franks_Geckos
Or......

another way you could say it is that he is not willing to or doesn't feel the need to give credit to the originator / owner of the geckos that provided the genes. It's almost as silly as how the 3 Albino strains are referred to by two different names each. I mean honestly, how often is a Tremper Albino referred to as a "Texas Strain" or a Bell Albino referred to as a "Florida Strain". Obviously, the Rainwaters are referred to as "Las Vegas" much more often, but that is probably more a result of some people's disdain for Mr. Rainwater. It is much easier to mention the originator's name in my opinion.

Old 05-16-2006, 02:32 PM   #7
Dan Lubinsky
Bill Brandt at The Gourmet Rodent in Florida has been producing a great number of geckos since the early 90s and is to my knowledge the first to have produced the superhypos. Ray Hine's animals are acknowledged to have originated from Bill's stock. The earlier TFH leopard gecko books, Vivarium and Reptiles magazines all have done articles showing Bill's supers years before we'd ever heard of Ray Hines or Urban. Just as Ron gets the well deserved credit for producing the first pattern morphs it's nice to see Bill and Marcia recognized for their work.

Old 05-16-2006, 03:11 PM   #8
bro paul
My first trio (high-yellow) of leopard geckos came from Bill in 1995. I still have a Reptiles Magazine article he wrote about leopard geckos in April 1996...the centerfold had one of his beautiful super hypo. I remember dreaming about that gecko...lol

Old 05-16-2006, 03:42 PM   #9
Dan Lubinsky
Yeah, how about the golden one with a few small spots in the old TFH ( Ray Hunziker) book. It was unbelievable back then.

Old 05-16-2006, 03:51 PM   #10
bro paul
That's right...
I remember the "golden" term used to be used a lot!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!