new Pueblan - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-26-2006, 02:31 PM   #1
jhilla31
Question new Pueblan

I just got this baby pueblan (my first milk snake) and i was wondering of it will keep these awesome colors while it gets older??? also Ive heard you shouldnt use a heat lamp on pueblans should i just leave a under heater on all the time?? or should i do that, and get a low level bulb..... perhaps just like a normal house bulb?

there may or may not be a pic here im not quite sure how
[IMG]my milk[/IMG]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my milk.jpg (9.4 KB, 56 views)

Old 05-26-2006, 03:40 PM   #2
jhilla31
ohh also i was wondering if anyone could post pics of there adult pueblans

Old 05-26-2006, 04:18 PM   #3
norsmis
Hey John. Congrats on the new milk! I myself just got my first pair of pueblans, an apricot male and normal female. I have never owned an adult but from the pics I have seen, they tend to keep those colors but do fade a bit like any snake as they mature. You have a real beauty!
As far as heat, as long as you give the snake a temperature gradient, you will be fine. I have never used any type of heating light, just UTHs. Try to get a 76 to 86 degree gradient if possible and let the snake determine where it is comfortable. The important thing with milks is plenty of hides. They are very secretive and will regurge or quit eating without appropriate hiding spots.
Good luck and keep us posted!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!