Shipping prices - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 05-30-2006, 11:13 AM   #1
pasam
Shipping prices

Are the Fed Ex shipping prices set? LIke is there a flat rate or anything?
Thanks

Old 05-30-2006, 11:58 AM   #2
hhmoore
some people offer a flat rate, but the price from FedEx varies according to destination, package size, and (I believe) weight

Old 05-30-2006, 12:41 PM   #3
Milwaukee Reptiles
Many times the price also depends on how many packages you ship. I know at least with UPS that the more you ship on your account the cheaper the price is (although they never really do specify how much lower).

You should be able to use the ratefinder to get the estimate depending on where you're shipping:
http://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/home...ack+Rates+Corp

Old 05-30-2006, 01:14 PM   #4
hhmoore
that is true - FedEx offers discounted rates to volume shippers...but the base price is dependent on the items above

Old 05-30-2006, 01:45 PM   #5
Golden Gate Geckos
I use UPS for my shipper, and they offer 'incentives' for volume shipping. I buy pre-paid Next Day Air shipping labels in quantities of 25 for a flat rate, and they are good anywhere in the lower 48 states. I am saving about $15-$20 per shipment this way, and the more you buy the cheaper the cost. They are only good if my box size has a dimensional weight of 5 lbs. or less, and they expire after 16 months. The down side is that it requires a large up-front payment.

Old 05-30-2006, 05:16 PM   #6
dragonflyreptiles
I love your labels Marcia, very cool! I will have to invest in some one day when I have more volume to ship!

Fed X gives a 10% discount if you do the label online, I can also get a lot better rate from them if I take them to my old job since they have mass shipments daily but their pick up is 2 hours before mine so I normally have them picked up here.

Old 06-08-2006, 12:41 AM   #7
hunterjackson
Also, FedEX offers discounts once you become verified. Talk to your Rep. I just finished my verification and BEFORE shipping any reptile packages, I have been given a 25% discount off the top. IF I ship more than an Avg of 5 per week (I am doing 10 now), for one month, I will get 53% off. This all goes from Rep to rep and how much they care. I luckily have a new rep, who hasnt gone into 'i hate my job' mode yet and calls me nearly every day to update me on the process, let me know whats up, ask if she can do anything etc. Talk about service!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!