australian morphs of whites tree frogs(pics!) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 06-03-2006, 03:57 AM   #1
nzdragons
australian morphs of whites tree frogs(pics!)

hi everyone, was reading through some of the old posts and saw there are a few debating the "blue" phase australian whites vs the green PNG. i thought poeple might find it interesting to know that there are in fact more than one colour form of whites in australia, and they are notably different. those from the east are the well known blue phase. they have a blue undertone and pink thighs. western whites from the kimberly lack the blue undertone, insteed having a more yellow to orange tone, with bright orange thighs and armpits. interestingly this is also found in the very similar splendid tree frogs also found in the kimberly (see third pic). ive posted some pics of frogs from my collection to demonstrate (unfortunaly the one of their thighs was taken when they were just out of hibernation so the colours arnt as bright as usual, but you get the idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eastern vs western green.jpg (28.5 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg eastern green.jpg (33.5 KB, 202 views)
File Type: jpg splendida.jpg (26.6 KB, 222 views)
File Type: jpg eastern vs western.jpg (31.8 KB, 223 views)

Old 06-03-2006, 08:09 AM   #2
nicolai
Wow, those are nice!!! When did you say you are shipping those to me???

Old 06-03-2006, 01:23 PM   #3
mudbug
Haha...tough on that one.

Nzdragons: Are you aware of the other 2 Litoria species? I wonder if Litoria splendida ever got out of Australia.

Old 06-03-2006, 10:26 PM   #4
nicolai
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
I wonder if Litoria splendida ever got out of Australia.
Not that I know of. A lot of people have posted on different sites trying to aquire some, but to my knowledge no of them were succesful in getting any.

Old 06-03-2006, 10:49 PM   #5
nzdragons
"Wow, those are nice!!! When did you say you are shipping those to me???"

ill be sending some as soon as you send me some of those dart frogs of yours (very nice)

"Nzdragons: Are you aware of the other 2 Litoria species? I wonder if Litoria splendida ever got out of Australia."

by the other 2 species do you mean the red eyed and white lipped tree frogs? i have not kept them myself, although i have experience with green and golden bells(aurea), whistling tree frogs(ewingii) and litoria raniformis, all of which are very easy to keep, although the greens and splendids would have to be my favorites.

i have not heard of splendida outside of australia, which is a shame as they are an easy and fun species to keep. i was surprised to see just how big they do grow. the one pictured below is only just over half of its adult length, and is about 16 weeks old.

Old 06-04-2006, 10:13 AM   #6
nicolai
As soon as my darts start breeding I would be glad to trade a few to you!!! My daughters VIV could use a few more tree frogs!!!!! Those FAT dumpys of hers need some more company in there with them to give them some exercise.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:10 AM   #7
smileyfroggy
Yor blues are beautiful!! Do you have any for sale?

Old 03-09-2007, 12:45 PM   #8
Ed Clark
Thumbs up

Tristin, great pictures and keep them coming, heres a pic of one of my baby whites bred in the backyard pond here in jersey!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a froggy 001 (640 x 426).jpg (34.1 KB, 131 views)

Old 04-08-2007, 02:44 PM   #9
daddysgirl1660
wow how much are they!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-08-2007, 02:47 PM   #10
daddysgirl1660
how much are they

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!