anyone have info - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-21-2006, 05:22 AM   #1
greg4000
anyone have info

as you can see from the pic, my womas were hooking up yesterday, i was wondering if anyone had specifics on incubation temps and gestation period. also do they go off of feeding. thanks alot, greg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 094.jpg (47.4 KB, 72 views)

Old 06-21-2006, 08:50 AM   #2
hhmoore
I am incubating mine at 89 degrees, with an anticipated gestation of just under 2 months (pretty much standard stuff)

What? A woma go off feed? That was some kind of joke right? lol. Womas are eating machines!! After the first few weeks, decrease the prey/meal size for the female...stop feeding a few weeks before deposition. She will start feeding again almost immediately after you take the eggs away.

Old 06-21-2006, 08:51 AM   #3
hhmoore
btw, that's quite the tail kink he's got

Old 06-21-2006, 09:40 AM   #4
greg4000
no kink

his tail is not actually kinked. its the angle of the pic. but i can see what your looking at.

Old 06-21-2006, 10:49 AM   #5
hhmoore
Yeah - I'm on a different computer now and that is a little clearer. (thats what I get for making assumptions at that hour of morning...esp when either my eyes or the monitor -both?- was just a bit off.

Anyway, from what I can see of their bodies, they look like a couple of nicely marked animals. Was this a planned breeding attempt (seems a little on the late side)? If not, were they cycled? Womas have been known to breed in the "off season" if they are housed together, but my understanding is that such couplings rarely result in fertile eggs. Best of luck & keep us posted!

Old 06-21-2006, 11:52 PM   #6
Clay Davenport
From that pic alone it looks more like exploration than copulation. Unless I actually saw intromission then I wouldn't count that as a breeding if I witnessed it.
Harald is correct too. Womas will copulate year round, pretty much anytime you put the two together. Mine have breed in all four seasons. Eggs have never been produced from breedings outside the normal season though.
I do hope you get eggs, but the fact is it's a slim possibility from a breeding during this time of the year.

My current clutch is also incubating at 89 degrees. Standard python protocols.

Old 06-22-2006, 08:16 AM   #7
greg4000
we will see

hopefully i get eggs, they are both, or were both virgins. she appeared to be ovulating, so i put them together and they continued this behavior for quite a while. they ended up in the hide box so i left them alone so as not to disturb them. i will have to wait and see. what are thier normal seasons. thanks for all of the info.
greg

Old 06-22-2006, 09:25 AM   #8
Clay Davenport
Unless they were paired earlier in the year she probably wasn't ovulating. But if she was, and you waited until you saw that to begin introductions, you already missed the opportunity. Once ovulation occurs, any further breedings are of no value. Copulations must be acomplished prior to ovulation for the eggs to be fertilized.
The normal breeding season is the same as with other pythons, late fall/winter.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!