Inquiry on Captive Born Reptiles - Terry Wilkins - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-11-2006, 12:02 AM   #1
Rivets55
Inquiry on Captive Born Reptiles - Terry Wilkins

Has anyone been to, or done business with, Captive Born Reptiles in Columbus, Ohio. I believe the breeder's name there is Terry Wilkins. They are advertising hatchling redbelly Texas Indigos for $750.00.

Ive seen the previous inquiry, which was posted in 2005. I'd like to see if anyone has any current info on store upkeep, animal health, business practises, etc.

I would be especially interested to hear from anyone who has seen and/or purchased a Texas Indigo from them.

Thank You,

John D.

Old 08-11-2006, 06:33 AM   #2
mmfrankford
Hi there.
Here is a previous thread about Captive Born Reptiles...

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...+Born+Reptiles

I would absolutely NOT recommend buying any animals from this person. I go into more detail about his store and animals in the other thread. If it doesn't work I can tell you here. ( I live only a few miles from that shop.)

Old 08-11-2006, 11:27 AM   #3
mmfrankford
Oops I need to update my address. I live in Columbus and I'm close to the Morse Road address.

Old 08-11-2006, 12:34 PM   #4
Rivets55
Thanks

Thanks you Melissa.

I have read the previous thread. What I was wondering is whether CBR has cleaned up its act at all since then.

Thanks,

John D.

Old 08-12-2006, 12:13 PM   #5
INSANE CANES
Thumbs down Beware:

Bought this last year and man talk about major lies and disappointments.
This was described as HEALTHY by Mr Wilkins.
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2006, 04:04 PM   #6
Rivets55
That'll Do It For Me

Damn.

That poor thing - it looks like it retained a full body shed and emaciated to boot.

Were you able to save it?

John D.

Old 08-14-2006, 08:10 AM   #7
mmfrankford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivets55
Thanks you Melissa.

I have read the previous thread. What I was wondering is whether CBR has cleaned up its act at all since then.

Thanks,

John D.
No they haven't cleaned up at all.
And unfortunately that is the "quality" of animal you can expect from Captive Born. It's sickening.

Old 08-15-2006, 12:11 AM   #8
Rivets55
Melisa!

Thank you for the detective work, and your words of warning.

There is good reason to conjecture that bad husbandry may be the least of it. See the latest posts on the Indigo Forum for a communication apparently from the horses mouth:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=420131&posted=1#post420131

There is some borderline stuff afoot.

Regards,

John D.

Old 08-15-2006, 06:05 PM   #9
INSANE CANES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivets55
Damn.

That poor thing - it looks like it retained a full body shed and emaciated to boot.

Were you able to save it?

John D.

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes she is still with us, and getting better.
She still needs more time to get back to healthy status.

Old 08-15-2006, 11:47 PM   #10
ladywhipple02
I, too, live in Columbus, Ohio and have been to Capitve Born Reptiles. I would never buy an reptiles from him... he WAY overprices them, keeps multiple animals in cages entirely too small for a single animal, and the cages are hardly ever clean. I've seen cages with three or four Retics or twelve to fifteen Dum's boas, sheds and waste all over...

I've bought feeders from him before, but never reps.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!