Breeding Loan - Owner Gone Missing - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 08-26-2006, 07:55 PM   #1
TripleMoonsExotic
Breeding Loan - Owner Gone Missing

I did a few breeding loans this season involving my cornsnakes because some how I managed to be short a few males. All were very successful & all males were returned to their respective owners except one.

I have a beautiful Charcoal male still here, and I can not get a hold of the owner. She is not answering my PMs or Emails, and her phone number is out've service. I posted an inquiry on cs.com in hopes that maybe someone would have contact with her, but nothing. I've had him here since February, and I'm not sure what to do.

Any suggestions?

Old 08-26-2006, 08:05 PM   #2
DAND
Bureau of Missing Persons Forum

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=468

Oh yeah, posting the persons name may help too.

Old 08-26-2006, 08:44 PM   #3
TripleMoonsExotic
No, I don't think you understand. It seems like she dropped off the face of the Earth. She lived a few hours North from me. I have tried contacting her here and via cs.com. She wasn't very active here, but was on cs.com. No one knows anything.

I'm sending a letter out to the address I have for her. But, if it goes unanswered, what should I do with this snake?

MIA:
Amy O'Brien
Diagon Alley Corn Snakes

Old 08-26-2006, 09:44 PM   #4
christopher66
It was given to you on breeding loan.
I think the key word here is loan.
Even if you cant get in touch with her,i would suggest that you continue to care or the animal. If and when you find her and/or she shows up on your door step requesting her snake then you may ask for some funding to cover the costs of upkeep on HER animal.
But you did say breeding loan,so were any clutches sired by him?And did you inturn profit from that clutch?

The safest thing and the right thing to do is to continue to care for it until SHE lets you know what you can do with her animal.If you do anything else you may be opening a can of worms.

Just my opinion

Old 08-26-2006, 10:49 PM   #5
TripleMoonsExotic
Please do not lecture me on how to handle a breeding loan. I have successfully handled 2 other breeding loans this year without mishap. This has been my only issue, and in truth, it is not anything in my control. The whole point of this is I CAN NOT locate her.

My point is, how long should I wait? 1 year? 2 years? I really do not want to continue houseing & feeding an animal that is not mine nor will be in any of my projects.

The last time I heard from her was on May 15th when the 2 eggs from the first clutch he fathered with one of my Amel Stripes hatched. Since then, their has been nothing.

I am very concerned because she was always very quick to respond to me.

Old 08-26-2006, 10:54 PM   #6
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher66

Just my opinion

All i did was provide you with an opinion.

Old 08-26-2006, 11:03 PM   #7
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher66
All i did was provide you with an opinion.
So you would suggest to hold onto the snake, even if 5 years down the road I still have no reply?

Old 08-26-2006, 11:08 PM   #8
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
So you would suggest to hold onto the snake, even if 5 years down the road I still have no reply?
I gave you a solid opinion.
By the tone of your reply ,my opinion was not received well by you.
So tell me why should i give you another opinion?

Old 08-26-2006, 11:12 PM   #9
Wilomn
60 to 90 days of effort on your part to locate this person is adequate as far I am concerned.

Sell the male, and maybe hold on to one of his offspring you can make a deal on if the owner of the father ever shows up.

And chris, a tad harsh there, may want to lighten up a bit.

Old 08-26-2006, 11:19 PM   #10
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn

And chris, a tad harsh there, may want to lighten up a bit.

noted

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!