"extreme"hypo vs. exceptional hypo (pricing) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 01:34 AM   #1
D. Mong
"extreme"hypo vs. exceptional hypo (pricing)

I'm sure I'm not the only one questioning the HUGE price differences out there as far as hypo Hondurans go..... "Super" hypos, "Extreme" hypos, hypos from "extreme" clutch, "Falcon" extreme bloodline,not from Falcon bloodline,this bloodline, that bloodline,ect..ect..ect......I've been very much into snakes since around 1967 or so, and am very knowledgeable about genetics,specialized in Milks for years,and have done a lot of researching on this from a HUGE number of websites, and still, it's hard to get a firm handle on even a " BALLPARK" price range on these little guys..Don't get me wrong,you can definitely see a big difference between a $75 average hypo, and a $500 to $1,000 "extreme" animal,... but I've also seen great animals with extremely light,"see through" gray, with deep red eyes, going for $125, and then see the exact same looking animal on another website going for hundreds and hundreds more!!.........and yes, I've seen Falcon's page on what constitutes an "EXTREME" hypo and read it word for word.......Anyway, it seems the more I research the many websites, the more unsure I am as to the pricing on these......If I personally went to Reptile shows around the country like I did years ago, I'd more than likely begin to find a pricing pattern for these guys. I do know there is a big demand for them, and many breeders I've contacted are sold out........The main reason for all my researching on the "extremes" is because I recently acquired an "extreme" hypo from a guy my good friend knows in south Fl. for very little money, and it happens to be an AWESOME looking super clean, bright neon pumpkin orange,thin bands (not quite what I consider pin-banded),..slightly vanished pattern on his sides, with "see-through" very light gray bands, and deep ruby-red eyes....it does happen to be from Falcon's "extreme" bloodline also. There's no doubt in my mind as to him being "extreme" or not, I just wanted to know exactly what he was worth,....One thing I am sure of,..and that is, that he is worth much more than I paid for him. I think another reason is, some of the breeders out there aren't quite sure how to price them either!!...........Doug
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-21-2006, 03:24 PM   #2
Scott Ballard
Hey Doug, can you send me an email when you get a chance?

Thanks,
Scott

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread