Undeveloped Idea- Looking for feedback - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:39 PM   #1
CFoley
Undeveloped Idea- Looking for feedback

Hello,

I have worked with developing a few companies. The most recent company I worked with was Home Source Service Referrals, which is an advertising business for Contractors.

We also developed another small company within that one, called QuickCheck, which is like a credibility site, or a "good business verification site." I do not know if something like this would fly in the herp world, but I will briefly explain, and you guys can tell me what you think.

In QuickCheck, we do general background checks on contractors. If applicable, we also do checks with the BBB, FTC, and print a D&B report. (I know that is not always applicable here as most reptile dealers are not registered). Also, we collect a predetermined number of references, and check them ourselves. Once the references are THIRD PARTY VERIFIED, we take a quote from them, and include it in the contractors information. Also, we post pictures of the contractors jobs (In the reptile world: pictures of animals, cages/environments, and herp rooms). We can also provide links to other pages on the web where their may be any credible info. We can also provide any type of certifications. For example...if someone has a positive vote on the BOI, we can link their page. Or if they have a FC "Good Guy" cert, that can be posted also.

Now, I know the BOI is pretty thorough, with all of the participation that is taken there....but so many people still do not bother to check. With this method....the Reptile dealer can display a link to their credibility page which I would host. This way, there are no questions about the credibility of the info. EVERYTHING is third party verified.

I would charge a small fee just to maintain and update all of the info each month.

There are many changes, and or ins/outs that I will be making, but I was just curious what you guys thought about this idea. Is there any chance of it flying in the herp field? Or should I just stick to my contractors?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Old 10-23-2006, 12:35 AM   #2
CFoley
Any input please??

Old 10-26-2006, 02:35 PM   #3
Sweeney's Serpents
Chris,

Something is needed. Kingsnake has the ability to put in place a system like E-bay..
So both buyer and seller has a number next to their name with the number of transactions along with a brief discrption of the transaction good or bad. I like the BOI but you have to dig and read alot of crap to get to the truth. If you could tie in some king of system with the website provider that would be great! That's my opinion.

Scott

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!