My 2 youngest males - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-18-2006, 07:27 PM   #1
crotalusadamanteus
My 2 youngest males

Thought I'd share a couple pics since I cleaned up yeaturday. First would be Belenus, My holback from April. Next would be El Fuego, My firebelly I got from Tommy Sargent, Harding line.

Comin along nicely I'd say. Seeing as he was one of the 3 runts I had in the litter. LOL His sister barely is bigger anymore.............

This guy don't know what color he wants to be. Only thing that stays the same is the red. He tried to be purple yesturday, (tried) but I didn't catch it well in the camera. ....................

This guy is really curious, and loves to climb............

Anyway, hope you enjoy. I'll get some of the ladies this weekend. (weather permitted)
Rick

Old 12-18-2006, 08:15 PM   #2
ericfire
just curious rick
what kind of camera do you use
the clarity is phenomenal
great stuff
Eric

Old 12-18-2006, 08:16 PM   #3
Schlyne
They look good

Old 12-18-2006, 08:23 PM   #4
Art Klass
Very nice Rick! Great pics of beautiful boas. What else can a guy ask for?

Old 12-18-2006, 08:39 PM   #5
crotalusadamanteus
Thanks guys! They don't always agree to picture taking though. LOL The albino is on the move as soon as I take him out.

Eric, they don't make them anymore. It's a Konica/Minolta DiMage Z1. I usually have to take 3-4 pics to get one with the right color though. The focus is great, but the digital parts seem to lock onto background colors and make adjustments. It throws the color off at times. Would love to get a D50, a D200 would be a dream come true.

I think sony bought them, or took over the Z series, and made some changes. Don't know how good they are though.

Get a decent body, and put the money in the lenses if you wanna have great pics. These are OK, but I've taken better with 35mm. LOL

Thanks again everyone.
Rick

Old 12-18-2006, 08:55 PM   #6
ericfire
i have the minolta maxxum430 si rz
35mm
but i am looking to find a digital that will fit my quantaray telephoto lense and stock lenses
digital has come along way now and I'm ready to switch over
the older digital couldnt match the quality of the 35 mm until now
thanks for the info
your still doing an outstanding job of taking pictures for a camera that gives you problems
the digital in my other posts was this old HP photosmart 315
with only 2.1 mega pixals
sad huh
thanks rick
Eric

Old 12-18-2006, 09:18 PM   #7
crotalusadamanteus
A correction. I think it was the Maxxum DSLR that sony bought and enhanced. I was reading something about it a month or so ago. With my Halfzeimers, I can't remember snot.

Anyway, look for a DSLR Maxxum or the sony version, and yer lenses should fit, though the AF may or may not work. I know the AF lenses for the digital Maxxum work on the sony version.

Anyway, probably more than you needed to know, but that's a start for you. I like the Nikon, or Canon DSLR's though. I got my Z1 after my 35mm camera bag was heisted.
First DSLR actually. Not bad for non changeable lens. Most pics I use the Macro feature. It fills the void some. LOL

Old 12-18-2006, 09:29 PM   #8
ericfire
thanks rick
ill have to see what i can pick up on a christmas sale
those suckers aren't cheap
i cant wait to post the pics with something like that
it should help me get more babies sold in the spring

Eric

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!