Water Dragon and Basilisk in the same habitat - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-18-2007, 01:05 AM   #1
LadyViper
Water Dragon and Basilisk in the same habitat

I have just adopted a Basilisk and a Water Dragon, they are both juvi's and have been kept together in the same very large habitat.

People have told me you can't keep them both in the same habitat and then some have said you can.

They are both getting along, I think they are both girls, If anything the Basilisk seems to be the dominant one.

I am new to both type of lizards, I have monitors and leopard gecko's.

These little girls are just darling, I really want to keep them both.

I would really like to hear some more opinions on keeping them together.

Any thoughts and tips would be great appreciated

Old 01-28-2007, 07:37 PM   #2
aliceinwl
There was a petstore here that used to breed both and sell the offspring and they has the females co-habitating in a large tank. If the tank is big and both are healthy and there are no signs of conflict, you could give it a try. Just watch them very closely and be ready to change courses (purchase a second set up etc) if things start to go down hill.

-Alice

Old 01-28-2007, 07:45 PM   #3
LadyViper
Alice,

First please let me say Thank you for taking the time to read and reply to my post, I had given up on a response.

That's pretty much what I am doing. SO far so good!!!

Pam
http://www.houstonreptile.com

Old 05-01-2007, 04:04 PM   #4
waterdragonlover
do not keep them together they have different needs and they may seem to get along but they are stressed because they are both solitary animals

Old 05-08-2007, 11:08 PM   #5
LadyViper
Different needs??? Please explain..I couldn't find anything in my research. After some time has passed I also found out I have a male basilisk and a female water dragon. They snuggle together and seem to really be fine together. But I am always up for learning something new..please share some more details on the subject...

Thanks

Old 05-11-2007, 05:47 PM   #6
waterdragonlover
first off the basilsk doesn't need as much humidity secondly by the time the water dragon gets fulll grown it will be able to eat the basilsks and lastly they eat difrent thangs

Old 05-11-2007, 08:10 PM   #7
LadyViper
Thanks for your information, but I was not able to find it myself. Do you have any links to share. You have me concerned and my first priority is to my lizards, so I am very interested.

Thank you.

Old 05-12-2007, 07:38 AM   #8
waterdragonlover
goto www.repticzone.com and goto the caresheets

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!