LLL (bad guys) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:40 PM   #1
constrictorcrazi74
LLL (bad guys)

i picked up a female dumeril ground boa from them at the last narbc tinley show and had nothing but trouble with it form the begining he said it was eating f/t rat pups once a week hah wut a joke i think i had it for little less then a year and i think she kept her food down about 4 times every other time she regurged and i took her to the vet to have them run tests and she had parasites and she couldnt digest her food properly and she ended up dien last night i emailed then and told them wut happened and he says its my fault has anyone else dealed with them befor and had problems
joe

Old 02-19-2007, 10:42 PM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
You emailed them after a year of owning the animal? If you had problems most people would contact them immediately.... I will Alert them to this thread, so that they can respond and tell their side of the story.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:45 PM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
Also. This belongs on the BOI. Not the boas discussion forum....

Old 02-19-2007, 10:45 PM   #4
constrictorcrazi74
no i emailed them like 2 weeks after i had her after she regured for the 2nd time and he told me it was sumthing i was doin wrong and he wasnt very polite about the situation

Old 02-19-2007, 10:46 PM   #5
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by constrictorcrazi74
no i emailed them like 2 weeks after i had her after she regured for the 2nd time and he told me it was sumthing i was doin wrong and he wasnt very polite about the situation

Do you have the emails that you sent back and forth? They would help you in your case.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:46 PM   #6
Biscuit71
First off Joseph, Sorry for your loss. Second, this post belongs in the BOI. As far as the boa... how long after you got her did you take her to the vet? It seems like you waited for a long time to go to the vet with the snake... How long after the regurge did you wait before you fed it again? What were your temps? how old was she? was the food the right size for her? Did you expect LLL to do something for you a year after they sold you something? Thats kind of like me taking a car back to the dealer after a year of me driving it because it breaks down... See if from thier perspective... the snake could have very well gotten sick and died because of your husbandry. Now, if it had died a month after you got it, you would be pushing it for them to "care" but a year? Really now.. if somehting was wrong with a snake after a year, and it does, it is more times than not the care it was goven during that year. Sorry for being so blunt, but I am not seeing much from you in this post taking any kind of responsibility for a part you may have, and probably did have in the snakes demise.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:48 PM   #7
constrictorcrazi74
they said it was to late for anything to be refunded or my money bak so idk i was just seing if anyone else had a problem with them befor

Old 02-19-2007, 10:57 PM   #8
constrictorcrazi74
ok i took her to the vet after she regured for the 2nd time and i notified them when i took her to the vet and the condition she was in and they told me there was nothing they could do i didnt wait a year i just wanted to see if anyone else had a problem with them befor and i was feeding her the proper size and i waited 9 days after every regurge and put sum acidophilus on the rat pup to settle her stomace and digest properly she was a little over a year i dont think it was my husbandry that resulted in the death i take very good care of my animals i have a pair of dums and have never had a problem with any of my other snakes like this it was just a ? to see if anyone else had problems with LLL befor
thanks
joe

Old 02-20-2007, 06:56 AM   #9
Metachrosis
Go to the BOI section and do a search for LLL,you wouldnt be the first unhappy customer they have ever had I'll assure you.

M/

Old 02-20-2007, 10:15 AM   #10
Biscuit71
It seems that it is a mixed crowd with LLL... general consensus is most of the snakes and other reptiles they have, it is kind of hit or miss. you are either happy or not.. with equipment, same thing... It looks pretty polarized.. you either like them, or you don't. I agree though... seems if nothing else, their customer support isn't all that great.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!