Wanted Green or Yellow Anaconda - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Other Snakes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 12:36 PM   #1
Angyl
Wanted Green or Yellow Anaconda

Looking for young Green Anaconda or Hatchling in NE OH/WE PA area preferably. I will take one shipped overnight with gar. of live shipment. Or..if anyone could let me know of a breeder with very good reviews, I'd be much obliged.
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-27-2007, 05:16 PM   #2
svsnakes
I have green anacondas available. 3ft or so. Are you looking for a male or female? Email me at joe@jandsreptiles.net if you are interested.

Thanks

Joe

Old 07-21-2007, 10:08 PM   #3
gnxsam
yellow anaconda

can you recommend or do you know anyone selling baby yellow anacondas, a m and f would be best...any recommendations?

gnxsam

Old 07-23-2007, 07:53 PM   #4
jeosbo01
I have a trio of young yellows for 375 obo. They are about 2.5'. Let me know if you are interested.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:44 PM   #5
gnxsam
hi back

how old are they? what size cage would you recommend? how fast do they grow per month on average?

sam

ps i am interested

Old 07-25-2007, 11:01 AM   #6
gnxsam
m or f

are they m or f?

Old 07-25-2007, 12:29 PM   #7
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnxsam
how old are they? what size cage would you recommend? how fast do they grow per month on average?

sam

ps i am interested
If you want a yellow anaconda.... ( just to be clear on WHAT one im talking about, since greens can get very very large...)
Just to answer your question on size, since it hasnt been replied to yet, They will need a fairly large sized enclosure when they are adults, and should not be handled alone. I would think more or less an almost room sized enclosure would be best, since they can get pretty darn big.

Babies could probably do well in a 20 gallon for the first couple months, but you would have to Keep getting larger and larger enclosures that fit the snakes size as it grows.

Also, if youre planning on one of these snakes, and dont know what stuff youre going to need, i suggest, HIGHLY, that you continue to do your reasearch on these animals. They are definitely not the kind of pet you can easily get rid of, and zoos and other such places are full of them and unwanted boas already. Personally, i suggest adopting one.

Questions i would ask myself, or others would be:

1) can you house this animal when it gets to be its full size, adequately? up to 15' feet long ( males generally being smaller than females)
2) can you provide the proper size prey items to an animal that size regularly?
Pigs, Rabbits.....cats, your neighbors dog... lol yeah you get the point. ( please dont feed it cats?... i would be upset )
3) do you have the time, and money to properly care for this animal if it was to get sick? Do you know a nearby vet that treats snakes this large, if any snakes at all?
4) are you prepared to have this animal for the full length of its life? 10-30 years on average

if you can do all of these things go for it, but if you are iffy on any of them, i would suggest looking at another species, at least until you are definitely ready.
Either way, make sure you know the basics and then some before you get one of these animals, i also suggest finding a food supply for when the animal gets older too.

Good luck!

Old 07-25-2007, 02:47 PM   #8
jeosbo01
Sam,
I sent you a message. Please look over it and Alicia's reply above, then send me an e-mail.
James

Old 07-30-2007, 03:09 PM   #9
danger@dejazzd.com
yellow anaconda

Hi, I have a yellow anaconda (young) that is about 2-3 ft female, I can't keep it now and if you are interested let me know. Akron, PA 17501 price 125.00 thanks Holly

Old 02-13-2009, 04:53 PM   #10
FlordiaBoaGuy
I have a very healthy 11-11 ft Female Green Anaconda for sale or to trade prolinerapidcity at yahoo or 605-390-5277

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread