The Dubuque Three - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 07:02 PM   #1
Phoenix2
The Dubuque Three

We're the couple that were raided back in January. We'd like to thank everyone for their support and e-mails. The Dubuque Three are doing fine. We got them back and they are now living the good life outside the city of Dubuque. Through the legal system, the city of Dubuque gave us the name of the person who lied to them causing the January 3 raid on our home. The city of Dubuque stated it was James Stelpflug of SW Wisconsin Reptiles, Dickeyville, WI. Like Rick, we thought he was a friend. He turned on us for no reason and lied to the city officials telling them we had pythons, boa constrictors, and venomous snakes. All of which are illegal in the city of Dubuque. We obviously did not have them or it would have made headlines. It's true that you can't trust some people, but at the same time there are good people that backed us and stood beside us to no end.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:20 PM   #2
LadyViper
That was such BS....We promoted and emailed your major, from our website and Yahoo group.

Tim Cole informed us of this horrible situation. I am so glad to hear things are O.K

You rest bet your bottom Dollar...I will never buy anything from James Stelpflug or SW Wisconsin reptiles.

I think you should have started this thread with James Stelpflug, SW Wisconsin reptiles-liar.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:02 PM   #3
Cat_72
I'm very glad to hear that things turned out at least fairly positive for you guys....I'll never understand for the life of me why people will do such things for what is probably a petty, selfish reason and cause others such heartache.

I think James's name should be put up for all to see as well too.....with friends like that, you don't need enemies. Did he ever give you a reason WHY???

Best of luck to you and your critters.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:18 PM   #4
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
..I'll never understand for the life of me why people will do such things for what is probably a petty, selfish reason and cause others such heartache.

I think James's name should be put up for all to see as well too.....

Old 05-16-2007, 09:22 PM   #5
iasc300
Im sorry you had to go through all that Linda- but im glad your back on the right track again. Wish you the best

Old 05-28-2007, 10:05 PM   #6
Jake The Snake
Glad to hear everything went ok. I followed that story religiously aswell as signed petitions. Lets hope the bad herp laws of some of Iowa don't cross the river over here to Nebraska

Old 05-28-2007, 10:25 PM   #7
Ed Clark
Linda, Great to hear things have gotten a little better! you just never know about the people you call friends. Best of Luck.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:32 PM   #8
CurtisF
Why the HELL would someone do that?

Right when you think you've seen rock bottom, someone drills right through it. What a shame.

I'm glad you're doing well, though, and wish the best to you.

Old 05-28-2007, 11:09 PM   #9
Jake The Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
Linda, Great to hear things have gotten a little better! you just never know about the people you call friends. Best of Luck.
Agreed. Some people.......

Old 05-29-2007, 12:16 AM   #10
garweft
I will NEVER buy anything from James Stelpflug of SW Wisconsin Reptiles.

Someone needs to let him know that this thread exists so he can TRY to explain himself..... Though I doubt that he could.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread