• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Woma Balls

SPJ

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 28, 2002
Messages
7,046
Reaction score
240
Points
63
Age
57
Location
Seymour, CT
I'm a bit confused. I always thought woma balls had a funky head pattern similar to a spiders. Lately I have seen womas for sale that have a normal looking head (just some nice blushing). Are these low grade womas or something else being passed off as a woma?
 
This has crossed my mind more than once also. Womas can be really good looking and others can look really bad too. Thats why i prefer spider's because I think a bad spider looks allot better than a bad woma personal preference i guess. I feel like enchi's are a better choice for a pattern reducer 1 it has a super and 2 its not a fatal gene.
 
I agree with Kyle 100%. Echi is a nicer pattern reducer. Even though I have seen some nice looking Woma's, Enchi's have the super and IMO look better. If you want something that looks like a spider, get a spider.

Maybe in the near future womas will make a comeback though
 
Think I'll just go with a jungle woma versus a regular woma if I get one.
The jungle womas look nicer and have a super that doesn't die.
 
Think I'll just go with a jungle woma versus a regular woma if I get one.
The jungle womas look nicer and have a super that doesn't die.
Womas are a dominate trait and as such has no super form, hidden gene womas are the one with the super form(Pearl)

Woma and a spider comparison...
PICT7981.jpg

PICT7979.jpg

PICT7983.jpg
 
I will repeat what Jerry said since he is correct. :) The hidden gene woma is the fatal gene. The super form of that gene dies. If that gene is bred with a champagne, the double gene animals from that breeding die. Im not sure if anything else paired with the hidden gene woma dies, but, for sure the super (pearl) does and the champagne hidden genes do. Hidden gene womas sell for somewhere in the $5000 range and are not quite as common as the non-hidden gene version, which, actually is a different gene all together, but, NERD in the beginning thought they were the same gene. The woma which you find more commonly for somewhere in the price range of about $200 or $300 is the non hidden gene one and has been proven to be a dominate mutation to my knowledge. I used to not be a fan of womas, but, then I ended up with my woma girl in a trade and she is absolutely amazing. Her orange coloration, orange head strap, cute mustache, and amazing blushing made it worth a morph getting into. I unfortunately only have one photo currently of her which is crappy and does not show off her color.
 
Jungle woma is NOT the same as a woma.
Just has woma in the name.
 
I'm a bit confused. I always thought woma balls had a funky head pattern similar to a spiders. Lately I have seen womas for sale that have a normal looking head (just some nice blushing). Are these low grade womas or something else being passed off as a woma?

SPJ
Jungle woma is NOT the same as a woma.
Just has woma in the name.
You said Woma, not Jungle Woma, how can anyone answer the question seriously if you don't say what you mean?

Jungle womas are a proven trait and are blah imo.
The super form is pretty nice, but not something I'm overly excited about either and probably not something I'd play with.
 
In my posts, I asked about the different "grades" of womas and the head pattern since I have seen a lot for sale lately that look like crap. Then I posted that I figured I would just go with a jungle woma instead if I were to get a "woma" since I did not care for the regular womas looks after seeing a bunch of them and based on the fact that are so many low grade ones out there.
I started about the woma but then when it was confirmed that the ones I had seen were just low quality ones, I decided I liked the jungle woma instead.
My thinking aloud didn't translate right while typing since 2 completely different morphs have woma in the name.
 
Back
Top