• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Pied?

Robert Walker

---------------
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
3,904
Reaction score
409
Points
0
Location
USA
Hi everyone,

Just thought I would ask if anyone has seen this play out in their pieds before??

We produced this girl last year. She has a full stripe down her back and circles down her side.

On my other pieds the pattern just blurs out, no circles.
Looking to see if others have seen this before in their pieds??
Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • 026 (3).jpg
    026 (3).jpg
    150 KB · Views: 192
  • 025 (3).jpg
    025 (3).jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 194
Wow Rob, can't contribute, as I only have a cinny het pied male and a het pied girl, however, that is by far one of the most beautiful low whites I have seen. Killer pattern. Love that the white came in as ringers.
 
Thanks Brendan! When she originally hatched, I was so focused on High White pieds, I didn't give her much credit and was a little disappointed. Now she is my shining star and I see how kick butt low-white pieds can be sometimes. Just trying to see if she is semi-unique in any way.
 
I've never seen anything like that before, but I haven't seen a ton of Pieds or anything. Maybe there's something else going on? Someone else mentioned G-stripes; could be a possibility.
 
Thank you everyone for the thoughts and comments!

Both parents are visual pieds (pictured), to my knowledge there is no genetic stripe. If the stripe comes from either parent, it is from the sire. He almost has a full stripe as well. For him to pass it off to his offspring, perhaps something is happening???:shrug01:
 

Attachments

  • 077.jpg
    077.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 162
  • 062.jpg
    062.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 159
My first thought was that she looked similar to my dinker too! But I will admit that the pied gene does seem to do odd things with pattern sometimes. I bred my female dinker to my het pied male not only because the male was pretty, but because I thought my dinker may actually be an unproven het pied. After five eggs and no pieds it seems like she's her own unique morph though. Robert, did you get her from a pied x pied breeding? Or a pied x het or het x het breeding? I would be interested in seeing what any normal offspring look like, either her siblings or her offspring.
 
I with Vanessa what are the parents? That stripe does look like it was passed from the one parent (first one pictured). Granted it was broken a bit on the parent but you can see the exact color and the black outline that railroads with it. Shes gorgeous!
 
Vanessa, right before your post on this thread are the pictures of the parents, yes pied x pied. Your dinker is awesome by the way!:yesnod:
 
It always seems to be a shame (at least to me) to breed a female pied to an animal that may not be het for pied, but in this case I think it's warranted. I am really curious to see if that patterning is not linked to the pied gene. It will probably take a few generations to tease out, but you should know in the first generation with producing a few normal hets if you're onto something there.
 
Personally since the sire is the one that she resembles I would breed the sire to a normal or some other morph and see what comes out. Hold back the female het pieds, grow them up and breed to dad. When the existing baby female gets old enough, breed it to the sire and see if a super form exists or you increase odds of getting a striped pied.
 
Great thoughts Jennifer & David, I think that is something I will actually try for! :yesnod:Thanks!
 
Back
Top