• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Removal Call Saturday

SPJ

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 28, 2002
Messages
7,046
Reaction score
240
Points
63
Age
57
Location
Seymour, CT
This was the scary snake. :rofl:
 

Attachments

  • garter.JPG
    garter.JPG
    234.3 KB · Views: 129
Amazing that you made it out alive.....they make movies about snakes that scary! Well done good sir.
 
The horror!!! :willy_nil Thank heavens you were there to save all those lives! :eek:

...Sorry, but I'm curious, how did they react when you explained exactly what kind of monster they had on their hands? :p
 
The horror!!! :willy_nil Thank heavens you were there to save all those lives! :eek:

...Sorry, but I'm curious, how did they react when you explained exactly what kind of monster they had on their hands? :p

They still think it's "poisonous" and I was crazy to pick it up with my bare hands.
At least they didn't kill this one. I get calls sometimes to remove a snake AFTER they took it's head off with a shovel.:angry:
 
I get calls sometimes to remove a snake AFTER they took it's head off with a shovel.:angry:

I hate it when that happens. Our neighbor rang our bell last spring. When I answered, he showed me a copperhead in three pieces on a snow shovel. He asked me what it was and I told him. I then told him that it was more scared of him than he was of it. He said not true. I pointed at the snake and said "well he had more of a reason to be afraid, you are still in one piece."
 
They still think it's "poisonous" and I was crazy to pick it up with my bare hands.
At least they didn't kill this one. I get calls sometimes to remove a snake AFTER they took it's head off with a shovel.:angry:

Man, that gets me!!! :hot: I hate it when folks show me pics of the king or gopher they killed asking me what kind of rattler it was. There's nothing worse! It's not charging at you, is it that hard to just walk around!? :mah: *deep breath* I gotta say though, fear of snakes or not, I can't see how their brains work - going on insisting that some garter was dangerous. Even if they lived their entire life without ever learning a lick on them, they called a professional and then disagree with him even though they clearly aren't familiar themselves! How do these people figure...? :no01:

Still though, I am glad they didn't hurt that poor, lil' guy any. :eek: I'm sure he's happy to be away from them! :p

I don't know if it'll really help with those sorts, but perhaps if you don't already you could leave people with a paper before you leave simply telling people what to/not to do around them. Like a clear info-sheet to help educate them on what snakes are actually like, dispel some myths, and show how to identify the rare hots they may see.
It's just a thought. You already know how education can help alleviate some unjustified fears. It could help if even a single person is open to learning~ :yesnod:
 
Back
Top