• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Quick chicken curry

Lucille

New member
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
16,037
Reaction score
1,441
Points
0
Location
Texas
I am eating low carb/keto, which has meant finding new recipes that are good but not high in carbs. I have chicken curry for dinner once a week. This is a 'fast' version of a wonderful New York Times chicken curry recipe which I made at Thanksgiving (with turkey) and everyone loved it. If you have time use the NYT recipe, if you need a quick meal try my 'fast' recipe.
http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1014468-coconut-chicken-curry-with-cashews

Sharwood's Hot Curry powder(Won't break the budget but much better than many grocery store curry powders)
Three cups cubed cooked chicken
2/3 cup of water with 1 tbsp dried chicken broth granules
2 tbsp chopped onion
2 tbsp tomato paste
4 tbsp almond flour or ground cashews
2 tbsp oil

Two cups frozen chopped spinach
2 tbsp dry onion soup mix

Fry the onion in the oil until soft. Add water and chicken broth granules, cook over low heat until the granules are dissolved. Stir in tomato paste and almond flour, and then the chicken.
Add the curry powder to taste (I like it spicy so I add a generous amount)
Heat gently for 5 minutes.

Put spinach in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 6 minutes. Stir in the onion soup powder.

Serve chicken with spinach on the side (instead of rice). 2 servings.
 
Sounds yummy...

Can you substitute regular AP Flour for the Almond Flour?

I might make this for the family if so.
 
Can you substitute regular AP Flour for the Almond Flour?

I think the nut flour is used to thicken and flavor the curry. I'm sure that wheat flour will thicken it as well, but in my experience you have to either make a roux or stir wheat flour into cold water and gradually add it so it doesn't lump up.
 
I think the nut flour is used to thicken and flavor the curry. I'm sure that wheat flour will thicken it as well, but in my experience you have to either make a roux or stir wheat flour into cold water and gradually add it so it doesn't lump up.

Well heck, I could make a roux. That would be easy. Sounds really yummy though.

I'm making pulled bbq chicken sandwiches tonight, so I'll have to do the curry in a couple days. (My family doesn't eat as much chicken as I would like to eat, so I have to space it out. lol)
 
Back
Top