• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Recent content by JBC86

  1. J

    Thermostats for sale, 50% off retail

    !!!!!SOLD!!!!! FOR SALE: Herpstat EZ1 (x2) @$40/ea Herpstat EZ2 (x2) @$80/ea These thermostats are less than 8 months old, gently used, in excellent condition, and tested 100% functional. Power cords included. Probes NOT included. Probes can be purchased online for $17. Will be mailed via USPS...
  2. J

    Which boa constrictors have the best personality?

    I’m thinking about a boa constrictor. Are there subspecies or localities that have a reputation for being especially tolerant of handling, docile, less apt to bite, etc.? I know there are BCIs and BCCs and BCLs, and Colombia and Nicaragua and Suriname localities, but I don’t really know what...
  3. J

    Bad Guy Underground Reptiles

    I recently purchased a $250 sub-adult lavender mosaic Brooks kingsnake described as "male" and "approximately 43 inches". The snake I received is a 27 inch female. The snake appears healthy but I feel like such an obvious discrepancy is a deliberate misrepresentation.
  4. J

    Heat mat temperature setting

    I've got ZooMed ReptiTherm UTH heat mats regulated by Spyder Herpstat 1 thermostats currently set to 100 degrees. I chose 100 because the heat mats I've found claim to operate - when they don't overheat - at "about 20 degrees above room temperature" (95) or in the case of Fluker's (which looks...
  5. J

    Feeding baby Honduran milk snake, first snake question

    Tuesday morning 10/17/17 I took delivery of a baby Hypomelanistic Tangerine Honduran Milk Snake. I put him in a 36x12x12 terrarium as a starter setup. I installed a ZooMed heat mat but I'm waiting on a thermostat so right now he's relying on an 50w "intense basking spot" in a mini-dome. The...
Back
Top